TEASER...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So pictures of bike wheelies. I have pictures of me doing a wheelie in a suzuki samurai and another on a toyota 4runner, those got to be way harder. :)

By the way, I didn't know there where so many kids here. My favorite things about the 90's where watching reruns of TAXI until my daughter was born. She's kept me busy since then

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I'll go through my thought process on this one a little...

I've been wanting to start some other bike focused site for a while now, but I wasn't quite sure which direction to take it. I have a love for several genres of vintage bikes so I wanted to start a site that had a little different angle from Rat Rods.

Obviously being born in 1971 puts me square in the vintage BMX and muscle bike era. I'm also intrigued with the early transition from muscle bikes to BMX. Something about those really early days when kids were being forced to modify what they had to make things work is very exciting to me. I guess you could say that there's still a bit of a rat rodder spirit involved in this...that's probably what I love about it.

I don't want to pigeon hole this project into the vintage BMX category, but I will say that it will probably be heavy into the 60s-80s kids bikes genre and everything that went into those days of riding.

I want it to be creative, fun and to invoke those fond memories we have of riding bikes as kids.

I will keep everyone posted on the progress of the project. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
I'll go through my thought process on this one a little...

I've been wanting to start some other bike focused site for a while now, but I wasn't quite sure which direction to take it. I have a love for several genres of vintage bikes so I wanted to start a site that had a little different angle from Rat Rods.

Obviously being born in 1971 puts me square in the vintage BMX and muscle bike era. I'm also intrigued with the early transition from muscle bikes to BMX. Something about those really early days when kids were being forced to modify what they had to make things work is very exciting to me. I guess you could say that there's still a bit of a rat rodder spirit involved in this...that's probably what I love about it.

I don't want to pigeon hole this project into the vintage BMX category, but I will say that it will probably be heavy into the 60s-80s kids bikes genre and everything that went into those days of riding.

I want it to be creative, fun and to invoke those fond memories we have of riding bikes as kids.

I will keep everyone posted on the progress of the project. :wink:
Well said 8)

When can we pop a big wheelie? Looking for an update for a cool idea. I need to find picture as this concept is exactly what happened to my Western Flyer Bannana Seat bike. Mom and Dad refreshed it into a BMX for my birthday one year.

Looks like it will be an awesome site! I love BMX bikes. That's where it all began for me and got me into bikes all together. Kinda makes me sick when I think of all the vintage bikes I used to thrash over street curbs like they were nothing Mongoose, Hutch, Diamondback, Dyno, Redline, and more than a few of those RAD Schwinn predators. Still remember the time I was riding my '87 Predator (with the frame pegs built in on the back) Doubling a buddy of mine. Hit a bump and his foot slipped and he went down jewels first on the back tire.....That scream still haunts my dreams. Now I still pass a few BMXers through the shop from time to time and I still ride 'em like I stole 'em. :mrgreen:

Sounds cool... ready to see the finished product.

I ran through some BMX and freestyle bikes in my day. 2 that stick out... Diamond Back Tailwhip and my super cool Hot pink and white Sterling Freestyle.

Decided to check on your progress on the site and saw that its been up for about a week now. What the heck!!! You never told us!

Love the Laguna Cruiser in the OP ad. I bet a Landrace frame would look good build up like it.

Back