TDF Tempe AZ. 10/15/11 Who's in!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes indeedy its that time once again, get your rubber on the road, a frosty NBB beverage to savor, and a few grins from the show's! There will be many other exhibitions to wow and entertain as well, custom bike show hosted by Phoenix Phreaks, and a bicycle polo suare to name a couple. Bring an extra $5.00 for a raffle ticket for the chance to win a SAWEEET custom chopper fabbed by Lheffe of the Phoenix Phreaks! :shock: So, Who may I have the pleasure of seeing there? LMK. Later & PEACE!!!!! :mrgreen:

Be at Tempe towm lakes park @ 9:00 A.M. Sat. the 15th and you should be golden! :mrgreen:

I'll be there on my project tricycle... say hi if you see me.

tricycle.jpg

307677_2151527236862_1506836020_32098227_597143539_n.jpg

Lheffe said:
I have never personally seen a bike swap meet at any Tour de Fat festival.
Ok then this must be a different event then i remember. someone used to have a bicycle swapmeet in tempe years ago. thought this may be the same group..

This should be a fun event. It is sad that Phoenix area is as big as it is and there are NO bike swap meets or anything fun like that on a regular basis. If we could all get together and have a few of these a year..or once a month we could stop using EBAY and everyone would find some good parts without the crazy prices and FREIGHT charges.

naturephotoboy3 said:
This should be a fun event. It is sad that Phoenix area is as big as it is and there are NO bike swap meets or anything fun like that on a regular basis. If we could all get together and have a few of these a year..or once a month we could stop using EBAY and everyone would find some good parts without the crazy prices and FREIGHT charges.

Tempe Bicycle used to hold swap meets maybe twice a year (?) in the parking lot of their old building on the North side of University. They didn't do much to promote it though. Tempe Bicycle would put a lot of their old stock out and sell it super cheap and then people could set up tables too. If I weren't so lazy, I'd call and ask if they still do that. :)

Edit: it looks like these guys had one at the first part of the year, so maybe they'll do it again??

http://blog.cazbike.org/2011/01/cazbike ... -2011.html

The Tempe Tour De Drink was a good time. Or at least the Bike Parade was fun. I dont drink and I had my 4 year old so we rode in the parade..saw some very nice bikes and had a blast. We need more events geared around people trading and selling and getting together to talk bikes in person.

The event was great.

Back