TDF Straight Ray (more!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good day today!!! started off kinda sucky, no work due to rain! But I have resolved (hopefully) my parts crisis and will soon be able to move ahead with my TDF build. These pics are but a tease of what I have in store for this one! More pics soon.
STRETCHH!!!!
100_2321.jpg

All body work done, and WOW was there a bunch! Looked like someone worked this one over with a ball peen! She's a lil nekid.
100_2324.jpg

Prime time!
100_2326.jpg

Re: TDF Straight Ray

So as soon as I got the primer on a Haboob blew in!
100_2328.jpg

Whats a Haboob? A big ol dust storm w/gale force winds! They usually pass through pretty quick as did this one. O.K. time for paint.
100_2329.jpg

Much much more to come!

O.K. Its obvious that the "Blank" canvass was about as interesting to you dudes as watching the grass grow! Hopefully you will be entertained a little more with this ongoing process.
This may look like a pile of random stuff
But it looks like GRAPHICS to me!!!! :mrgreen:
100_2330.jpg

100_2333.jpg

100_2331.jpg

100_2332.jpg

100_2334.jpg

And if you were paying attention to the pic of "random stuff" you probably noticed the paint pen.MORE GRAPHICS!!! :mrgreen:
100_2338.jpg

100_2335.jpg

100_2339.jpg

Alrighty then! Its starting to look like a bike! Unfortunately, until I get my shipment(prob. tomorrow) this is where it will sit. Still a real good surprise in store. The forks hold a clue as to what it will be. :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!!

TDF= Tour De Fat! Tempe Town Lakes Park this Sat. Oct. 9th. :wink:

Looks like you should be putting down the PBRs and tend to your yard duties.....those edging stones won't set themselves! :D

Seriously, cool idea on the egraphics!

SDG
Brett

Ha Ha , I know, right! They will be happy to let me roll into the party on this one,the Phreaks along with Rusty Spokes are operating a FREE bicycle repair station right inside the front gate and next to the registration booth. We also provided a nice outdoor lounge under a big shade tree for our "customers" and freinds. This years TDF was the best one yet! Between Thur & Fri I worked a total of 30 hours. So when I arrived home @ 8:30 on Fri nite, I grabbed a shower, rounded up my parts that had arrived that day, and went to work on my build! Finally hit the sack around 2:00 A.M. and awoke @ 5:30 A.M. to pack-up tools and round-up all that was needed to attend TDF.So needless to say pics were not a high priority at the time. I will put some up later today though. :mrgreen:

One of the few bikes that makes me thirsty just by looking at it! One great looking bike!The white really makes the PBR logo pop. Pabst has been one of my favorites since before I was legal. :wink:

I'm pretty sure your still not legal you Freak! Oh, er, um, you meant drinking age, my bad! Ha Ha thanks for the kind words Chainy.TDF was a blast, this bike got soo much attention it was funny. A few beer labels? REALLY? Anyhoo, here are the pics I promised.
100_2340.jpg

When I had looked at other 26" Rays, the sissy bar always leaned forward of the axle. So I decided to remedy that by using a bar end as a "set back" device.
100_2341.jpg

I was really trying to capture the Sting-ray look and feel (only big boy size) so i did a lot of measuring and added 6" to all componants. Its pretty close to scale.With that in mind, I had to have this sproket.
100_2344.jpg

The Wheelie bar was the only thing I had not measured and scaled.And it really doesnt work like it should! I had originally used springer fork stuts as the braces, and they were much too short. So I pulled out a length of left over 1/2" conduit, a sawzall, big ballpein hammer, and a drill and voila!
100_2345-1.jpg

I decided to have a lil more fun with the paint pen and create some silly graphics. People were really receptive to this, a lot of photos were taken of this @ TDF.
100_2342.jpg

Amazingly enough, the "set back" device was not needed and I removed it and attached the seat to the post. It looks perfect now. I will be tweaking and playing with it until I get it right. But it was a real fun TDF ride. Later & PEACE!!!! :wink:

Back