tanked

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright...I need a tank, or need to make a tank for an old 30's bike...any ideas on what to use? I think I could use fiberglass but I dunno. I had the perfect one on ebay for 7 bucks, but somebody(probably a member here huh?) got it for 50cents more last second.

I'm guessing a more squarish type tank? You could pull one off with prob. a minimal amout of metal work (beyond welding and a little hammer work)
Fiberglass would work well for a more curved form, if that's what you're after.
And I'm diggin' the wood tanks some of these kids are pullin off around here. That would prob. be the easiest route.
I hand-made the tank for the Green Hornet out of metal.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2665
But if you don't have access to a pneumatic planishing hammer I would advise against trying a tank as curvy as it out of metal.
Or maybe you could make a core out of wood or Great Stuff and cover it with fiberglass! The possibilities, oh the possibilities!!!

I can believe I didnt remember the pic...
hawt.jpg

I have the tank!!!!

for this bike! PM me. I am on vacation and will be home fRIDAY.

Joe

DISTURBIO GO said:
alright...I need a tank, or need to make a tank for an old 30's bike...any ideas on what to use?

Try vacuforming. It's simple, cheap, and you can get great results. I've used it to make some Vespa parts. Bigger pieces shouldn't be very difficult. (on top the original parts, on the bottom my copies)

DSC00851.JPG

Hugo

Back