Tangerine Girl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this was the first bike I ever painted and I think it came out well. It is a girls 1970 Columbia Sports III, I found in the trash on the last day of the my freshman year of high school. it looked like the titanic but after a lot of work I got it ride-able :D

so here it is before ( I don't have assembled before pics, bummer)
100_2075.jpg

and after!
100_2139.jpg

100_2141.jpg

100_2142.jpg

100_2145.jpg

100_2146.jpg

100_2148.jpg

it has a nice Sturmey Archer three speed, a Mesinger saddle, and new handle bars and tires. the rest of the bike stock. it used to have fenders but they made it to heavy looking. the seat post I bent myself(first time, took a lot of hammering :D)
and thats it, enjoy

nice job...looks like a bright bike...i think i see spots when i close my eyes now...

I do have to say that is rides pretty well for a girls bike, I was not used to the seat post but its all good. I have to say I don't have a lot of cantilever frames and the cool vintage iron, so these are the bikes I mostly work on, but I don't really care.

thanks for the good feedback guys :D

that's kinda cool! looks like you did a good job with the paint, and that seatpost angle gives it a little zoom zoom. i like it.

dragsterIII said:
I have to say I don't have a lot of cantilever frames and the cool vintage iron, so these are the bikes I mostly work on, but I don't really care.

same here. with one or two exceptions, i have no luck finding anything but diamond frames and BMX bikes.

UncleKudzu said:
that's kinda cool! looks like you did a good job with the paint, and that seatpost angle gives it a little zoom zoom. i like it.

dragsterIII said:
I have to say I don't have a lot of cantilever frames and the cool vintage iron, so these are the bikes I mostly work on, but I don't really care.

same here. with one or two exceptions, i have no luck finding anything but diamond frames and BMX bikes.

:lol: :lol: haha yeah i find a ton of mixtie frames, basically the girls version of a diamond frame :D

Back