Swobo Folsom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im thinkin you could get one or two more colors on it with anodized axle nuts!!HAHA just playin with ya.Dude that thing is super bad!!!

ha! more colors on the way:

purple front rim
white spokes
orange nipples
yellow padset
green bar ends

it will look like a clown puked on it

Haha!!Hey did that bike originally have a suspention fork?Im gonna build my Kona Humu like yours and our lbs has some Landing Gear forks but my bike has a suspention correct fork.If yours was like that did you notice any wierd changes when you ride it!Im worried it'll put my bottom bracket closer to the ground and my crank arms will hit.

not sure i understand the question.

if you have a suspension fork on the bike it should still be 26". the landing gear are the same size.. 26", so your bottom bracket should be the same. the crank arm length should be 175mm. (if you kept the original humu cranks)

its the landing gear steer tube that might be an issue. its short. or at least mine is. wish i had another inch or so.

do you have a pic of your humu?

The Humu has a fork that is suspention corrected.So its 1'' to 1 1/2'' taller than a normal fork.The suspention forks are taller than a solid fork so they make up the difference with longer legs.Im gonna go with a normal fork like the Landing gear and they dont have the extra long legs.I was wondering if you had a problem with smacking your pedals.Im gettin the hoops maybe next week and they will be laced to some sealed Revcore bmx hubs that Ive been polishing.I'll shoot some pics right now and throw them your way.

ahhh yes. makes sense.

what kind of hoops are you going to get?

Some 1.75 anodized silver Sun Rhino Lites.They are 36 hole double wall oldies but never been laced,brand new!I'm picking up a 26''Araya rim anodized blue[so now I'll have the set]and gonna put together my MCS Magna Cruise!!!Man Im so stoked about it!!I feel like a kid in a candy store haha.Thats my old school build and I cant wait to get on my Kona.I was riding street yesterday doing fufanus on this bank and my Specialized was not liking it.So I want to go with a bmx style 26'' that I can thrash on.

This is my Kona in the mock up stage.These cranks are just for looks.I want some profiles or a chromoly crank later for sure!But S&M bars and a bmx neck.Im thinkin about the Suzue hubs or the Revcore hubs[still havent polished out the rear.]Ive got to sell a couple things to get the funds for those hoops and just hope theyre not gone.I have a FSA carbon fiber seat post,Odyssey seat.Its a start to a ....... ride.

boyskona07550.jpg
boyskona07850.jpg
boyskona07950.jpg

Back