Swing Bike bones

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I traded some parts for these bones of a Swing Bike. It is in rough shape, the head tubes are both ovalized and there are a couple cracks in the rear section. The forks are not original, but he has a complete bike and these look really close. I only have one spring and the seat tube is rusted in really bad. I am going to start a build thread in that section.
IMG_1160.jpg

That's an awesome find.

one that is on my short list of must haves.

Will be watchign this one ! :)

Great score, I have seen a few at the bike swaps out here but they generally command pretty good money to follow me home so I have not pulled the trigger for one yet. Any project starts with a good foundation and you have definitly got yourself a great foundation!

Also awesome example Leobeerguy, love the blue color, that bike is sweet!

Leobeerguy said:
Here is a picture of mine for comparision. Almost all original.
IMG_1336.jpg
If you could post a closeup pic of the two into one hookups for the springs and the frame lock thing it would be much appreciated.

Green Dragon said:
That's an awesome find.

one that is on my short list of must haves.

Will be watchign this one ! :)

I started a thread in the builds section and added some more pics. I hope other members will give me direction and ideas for this bike. I am a new member and have seen some great stuff on here.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62771

I will get some photos of those for you tomorrow, good luck on the build. Let me know if you need any other photos. Leo

Thank you for the photos. I finished it up this morning with a spring from the hardware store. It is too light of a spring for sure. I will probably buy a complete set of springs I saw on Ebay. Check it out here.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62771

Back