Swap meet bikes and frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today my brother and I went to a small swap meet. I sold a bike ,but managed to buy a set of Schwinns. Got a good deal. Everybody knows you cant pass on a good deal. Also picked up two frames . They looked old ,but then there is that reoccuring problem of NO HEADBADGES. So I have no idea what they are . Any body got a tank for a straight frame Schwinn? ....cheap if there is such a thing. :) :) :lol:

ff1.jpg

ff2.jpg

ff3.jpg

Re: Swap meet goodies

You guys in texas are lucky...all i see is stuff in texas or waaay too far for me to even fathom
Hooch said:
I am thinking uncle stretch has jumped in with both feet on this bike stuff hahaha
family reunions will all be about bikes now lol
I start talking about bikes, I get the evil eye, then my uncle talks about semis and everyones happy

Yay...

Buzzy stopped by the swap meet with his daughter and his track bike in the back of his truck. He didn't recognize Paul or me - just the mini clone. :lol:

Once he saw the mini clone sitting there he walked over and asked if I was Rat Rod Dad. :D

It was good getting to meet him in person and shoot the breeze for a while about the bikes.

Some kid bought the mini clone shortly after that and he was happy to have an unusual looking bike that no one else had - or would have. I think Buzzy actually helped seal the deal, since the kid had looked at the bike earlier and told his dad he wanted it but they kept looking at other things. Then when he saw Buzzy and his daughter looking at it he grabbed his money and ran back down and bought it - thinking Buzzy might be wanting to buy it. :lol:

Paul didn't mention that the ladies bike has some unusual handlebars on it. The handlebars are mounted through a tube - with rubber inside it or something, and then that tube is clamped to the stem. So you can move the handlebars up and down some while you are riding the bike - which gave it an unusual feel. I guess it cushions you from hitting bumps and having the bars bang on your hands or something.

Last thing - a guy had a Schwinn Truck ?? there that he was letting people ride. The big front basket is actaully bolted to the frame of the bike and is stationary, so when you turn the front forks the bike turns but that basket stays straight. I didn't ride it, but I guess it gives you a weird feeling until you get used to it since you turn the handlebars but it appears that the basket - and bike - keep going straight.

Uncle Stretch... On the black frame, looking at the pic, if the top bar has a gusset where it joins the seat tube, it's probably a Murray/Mercury? Thanks!!!

cashman said:
Uncle Stretch... On the black frame, looking at the pic, if the top bar has a gusset where it joins the seat tube, it's probably a Murray/Mercury? Thanks!!!
Thanks cashman it does have that deal ,looks like a lug. So at least I know what one is . I was steady buying everything in sight. Rat rod dad (brother) kept grabbing me everytime I tried to buy more. :lol: :lol: It was a hoot. I would offer something crazy and they would take it.

In Buzzy's next to last picture he got a shot of me taking some cash for the mini clone. I'm in the black jacket with no hat on.

The boy who wanted the bike is standing next to it - waiting for Dad to pay me for it.

I gave him a deal on it since he was all excited about getting it. It fit him perfectly too, and it will definately be one of a kind.

2manybikes said:
Th red frame looks like a Monark Super Deluxe. Can't wait to see it get a little longer 8)
Look under bike builds and you will see the one you gave me in the process of getting longer :lol: Thanks again.

When is the next swapmeet thing?

That one was small and the first one my brother and I have gone to . I think its just a once a year deal. They ran it on c/l and the CABE. The guy that own the cabe was there ( not overly friendly ) and he is from Fort Worth so if you watch his site I think they will tell you when they happen. it Thecabe.com I think.

Back