Sunday, March 10th Freeze your ....-Off Ride Northhampton

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sunday, March 10th Freeze your beep-Off Ride Northhampton

:lol: Good one, Larry :!:

8) The predicted “BIG” snow storm with up to 12” of snow turned out to be a dud. :)

should the ride be renamed?
"mother nature doesnt play well with others ride 2013" ? :lol:

Great title – unquestionably apropos! :lol:

Gonna be up in Northampton tonight at the iron Horse to see one of my favorite bands, the Cowboy Junkies. Will get a few pics of the area to get an idea of the "downtown snow coverage" at this point.

Joe

That's gonna be a great show. Great place to see bands.

yeshoney said:
Gonna be up in Northampton tonight at the iron Horse to see one of my favorite bands, the Cowboy Junkies. Will get a few pics of the area to get an idea of the "downtown snow coverage" at this point.

Joe
Joe, what are your thoughts on, "the "downtown snow coverage" at this point.”? Do you think it’ll be a go for us next Sunday?

PS How was the show?

just realized the clocks spring ahead that day :D
its a sign spring is coming ( trying to think positively )
winter grumble grumble grumble :x :lol:

I can't comment on the actual bike path, but I can say the further north you go from CT the less snow there is on the ground. Looks like this week is going to be mid to high 40's with variable sunshine. My guess is that a ride is doable, if not on the bike path then on the streets for sure. How many other want to make this a go as long as it is not raining?

Joe

The parts of the path that I drive by in easthampton are still covered. I have to assume that Northampton is too.

Thanks for the heads-up Joe and highship.

I don’t have a problem with a combined street/bike path ride on standing water; IMHO, we should ride.

Based on this morning’s long-term forecast, there’ll be a storm coming by mid-week, but it’ll be in the mid-40’s on Sunday. :)

NECN Weather

The drama continues...

if the streets are clear and dry, I'll be there. Like I said, I'll be half way there at 6:30 AM, dropping the MIL off at Bradley Airport. So I might as well keep going to Northampton. I'll catch up on sleep when I get there and wait for youz guys to show up.

If the weather and/or road conditions are not favorable, I'll be going to the New Haven St Patty's Day parade.

Checked out the path at a couple of the spots where it crosses the roads and it was clear. Looks like you guys can enjoy some riding as long as it doesn't snow again. I was planning on tagging along but now I have got to pass. I was really looking forward to riding with everyone but life just threw me a twist. Baby Highship joined my world on the 1st (not the twist)but had a few complications so I'll be over at Baystate for the next week or so. If your so inclined please feel free to add him to your prayers.
I really hope to make the ride one of these times.

Here's hoping baby highship comes home soon happy n healthy. Hang in there, and hopefully we'll see you at next ride.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Here's hoping baby highship comes home soon happy n healthy. Hang in there, and hopefully we'll see you at next ride.

+1...prayers headed your way!

Highship, thanks for the heads-up on the bike path being clear, but more important than any bike ride can ever hope to be, I have Baby Highship in my prayers; as the father of three and the grandfather of three, this is sincerely a daddy to daddy prayer for your child.

Thanks guys, I sincerely appreciate it. The support and camaraderie around here is second to none.

Have a good ride guys and someone please bring a camera, we would all like to see some pictures.

highship said:
Checked out the path at a couple of the spots where it crosses the roads and it was clear. Looks like you guys can enjoy some riding as long as it doesn't snow again. I was planning on tagging along but now I have got to pass. I was really looking forward to riding with everyone but life just threw me a twist. Baby Highship joined my world on the 1st (not the twist)but had a few complications so I'll be over at Baystate for the next week or so. If your so inclined please feel free to add him to your prayers.

My prayers are with you and your family. <{{{><

As far as the ride on 3/10...My wife and I are in the middle of flipping another house. I ordered a huge dumpster for the weekend, along with a crew to fill it. So if you do ride, have fun....Another ride, 5 miles from my house that I can't do. :( :(

KOTA said:
highship said:

My prayers are with you and your family. <{{{><

As far as the ride on 3/10...My wife and I are in the middle of flipping another house. I ordered a huge dumpster for the weekend, along with a crew to fill it. So if you do ride, have fun....Another ride, 5 miles from my house that I can't do. :( :(

You flip houses?...COOL! :D If you ever come across old Hot Wheels or Matchbox and you're going to throw them away...let me know! :wink: That's another collection I have :mrgreen:

I don't know if this ride is going to be rideable...a Nor'easter coming! :shock:

Back