Suggestions for a good front basket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know who makes a good, not to big chrome front basket for a schwinn middleweight? Most of the ones I see are huge and probably wouldn't look good on my typhoon. Any suggestions?

Here is a link to Wald's catalog. I don't know if they offer chrome baskets, but the quality is hard to beat and they have lots of sizes. Get the number of the one you like and any lbs should be able to get it for you.

http://www.waldllc.com/CATALOG.pdf

Edit: I just seen you wanted chrome so this is no help.

I like this one http://www.nirve.com/cruiser-bike-acces ... p?cid=3016

It's pretty sturdy and not too big.

Catch is I had to weld washers on to the bottom of supports so it would go over axle.

I had it on my typhoon and on on the Heavy-Duti.

P1010951.JPG

P1000741.JPG

P1030670.JPG

Get an old wooden Coke or Pepsi crate and make your own.

I use an old picnic basket i found on mine. Zip tied on til i find a couple old leather belts 4 it.

these things make awesome baskets too, come in all sorts of colors, can be found with cool logos, my personal favorite is an orange milk crate from a farm in Alaska, I bought it full of junk records for $5 just for the crate :lol:

images

Wimpy, Beer cases like that don't exist in the US unless they are old wood crates. Cardboard is king here. :(

cman said:
Wimpy, Beer cases like that don't exist in the US unless they are old wood crates. Cardboard is king here. :(

Didn't know that,cman. I still got a lot to learn. :?

But anybody who trades with companies in the Netherlands or Germany could order a few empty cases and have them shipped along with the other goods. They only cost a few bucks. And there's lots of different sizes,colours and brands. Might be worth asking around, if anybody''s interested.

Latest posts

Back