Such a Kool place to be

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude! Is that a Ross on top? On the first picture

Thats Two Ross's, It's my Ross Hoss. Just recently it has developed a crack in the weld under the upper bottom bracket (UBB) that was caused by my Craftsman welder that was messed up. Poor welding on my part. I fixed the welder but never use it anymore. My two new frames I built earlier this year has replaced the broken Ross Hoss and I have a few more frames to make more.
My Ross Hoss with the Queen of the Swingbikes on board.
BekiTallbike-01.jpg

Huffy_FreeSpirit-02.jpg

2-FreeSpirits-01.jpg

The orange and white one is what I ride now and I call it The Free Spirit being the frames are two Sears Free Spirit's
The other is made from a Huffy and A K-Mart frame that looks like a Huffy frame. It's called The Kuffy.

Graylock

Graylock, Nice bikes!! I really like the welder & the fact that you must have a some real knowledge about how welding happens/works! All I know is how to plug in my welder. I 'd love to see a better picture of the steering linkage on the dog bike.

Rick

Your machine looks very cool. Would it be a huge leap to take it to the next level for a wire feel machine. I've always wanted one of those bad boys. Like your bikes by the way.

Graylock said:
blink said:
tell us about your welder

It's not that scary and it's not rocket science. It's more Tom Edison! Yes those are two microwave transformers with hand wound secondary coils.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-Microwave-Transformer-Homemade-Welder/ is mostly what I worked from but AAA welder was also a great help

http://www.geocities.com/aaawelder/

If you know an electrician he might be willing to give you some used wire. Tell him what your doing, they get all excited over that stuff. Also around here street lamps are wired with stranded #10 wire and a lineman gives it to me when he runs across it.
I have a couple welders on the lower shelves with hotter settings. The one on the top has taps off different parts of the coil that give me different heat ranges. The lowest setting is for the bike tubes.
HandWound%20Welder01.JPG

GL

Back