Such a Kool place to be

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just signed in today. I have posted on other sites and I'm not shy. Looking at what everyone else is doing I know I'm going to like it here. Some of my rides.

peestop.JPG

My second build

my favorite tall bike ....... THE SHADOW
TheShadow-48.jpg

PugsNewBox-02.jpg

The dogs bike (updated picture)

Even newer update
NewPugTrike-01.jpg

A long bike with a short life. The thing was like pedaling a real limo. I didn't want to fix the steering in the Ackerman department so I took off the extension in the back and put it on another build.

UTEFolder-01.jpg

UTEFolder-02.jpg

The Ute Folder

OldGuyRod001.jpg

My first Rat

Camel%20Back%20Sex%20Change%20Project-10a.jpg

Sex change still working on. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15235

Tyler%20Build-16.jpg

Another face lift. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15628

2-15-02_SheepPond_a.jpg

My main ride

Cut the frame September of 2011 so I could stick it in the back of my wife's car.
HPVF2011-01.jpg

TM-002.jpg

GrannyAxle01a.jpg

Build in progress.

MyWelder.jpeg

My welder.

These are a few that I thought some might like to see.

GL

It is a "cool" place!......You've got some great bikes. The TALL one scares me. :oops:

tell us about your welder

cman said:
Is that welder made from 2 microwaves?

:lol:

I think you'll feel right at home here! :) Looking forward to seeing that build in progress when it's finished! Looks like a handlebar, but for what kind of bike?

Graylock said:

nice bike !!! this must be the reason my bike shop is always down to 1 whitewall :lol:

(btw all are great but the reverse trike makes me smile the most) :mrgreen:

welcome

blink said:
tell us about your welder

It's not that scary and it's not rocket science. It's more Tom Edison! Yes those are two microwave transformers with hand wound secondary coils.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-Microwave-Transformer-Homemade-Welder/ is mostly what I worked from but AAA welder was also a great help

http://www.geocities.com/aaawelder/

If you know an electrician he might be willing to give you some used wire. Tell him what your doing, they get all excited over that stuff. Also around here street lamps are wired with stranded #10 wire and a lineman gives it to me when he runs across it.
I have a couple welders on the lower shelves with hotter settings. The one on the top has taps off different parts of the coil that give me different heat ranges. The lowest setting is for the bike tubes.
HandWound%20Welder01.JPG

GL

Galtbacken said:
cman said:
Is that welder made from 2 microwaves?

:lol:

I think you'll feel right at home here! :) Looking forward to seeing that build in progress when it's finished! Looks like a handlebar, but for what kind of bike?

I'm 3rd generation Swede (Peterson) mothers side and Danish. I'm OK with it.

Funny you should say handlebars because there are 2 in there but it's just a trike rearend. Early stage of completion. Have to split the axle, add gearing, and wheels. It will bolt on most any bike. After seeing these bikes on this website, I'm not to sure where I'm heading with it. Doesn't mater because they are not to hard to make and are cheap to make.

GL

I thought that the the question if the welder was made from two microwaves was a joke! :shock: But now I'm just awestruck!! Cool! :D

What part of Sweden did your grandparents come from? I live in the midwest part, in the province of Värmland.

I'm curious about that trike rearend, please show more of that build as you make progress with it! :)

cool bikes! I see you are an atomic zombie site fan. I am building a long wheel base recumbent similar to yours. Just got all the frame welded together. How does it ride?

I love the Frankenstein welder. I had a nice Lincoln welder that I was teaching myself to use, but times got tough and I had to sell it :cry: I wish I had found this site beforehand; I might not have been so hasty and I would have been posting pics of my own rides by now.

Don't they have MicroWave ovens in CA? Doesn't take much money to build one and they can be set for a bike tubing heat range with a little tweaking. It becomes as much of your build as the build it's self. I think I'll go out in the garage now and spark one up................

GL

Back