Sturmey 3 Sp. Grip ID/OD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a stealthy way to shift a new school Sturmey Archer X-RD3 3 speed drum hub that I am putting in an old school klunker. The newer shifters they have listed on their site are just a little too new looking; I want to either hide it (which would make shifting on the fly lame) or find a vintage 3 speed cast grip shifts.

It's been a while since I have see a Sturmey 3 speed grip shift. I had one on a beater bike that I rode around as a kid, but I can't recall if the white grip was removable. Anyone here know?

I have one of these I'd sell.. it's got a companion grip with it. It's complete and in pretty good condition as far as I remember. Let me know if you'd be interested, I can snap pictures too. I'd do like 18$ shipped.

I'd be interested- but does the grip slide off the right hand side or is it molded as part of the shifter tube?

Oh boy, I remember trying really halfheartedly once. I'll have to check that, grips can be stubborn.

Would you mind taking a measurement of the barrel as well? The bike I am building is my holy grail, this would be super cool to have it work out so I could run flanged grips on it.

Even if it were molded on, I could coax it of with a razor blade. :)

Back