Stripping paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aka_locojoe said:
In addition to these methods I've also used a paint stripper wheel. Not wire but made of plastic or some kind of fiber. Use them in an electric drill motor. They are probably made by 3M.
you dont really want to use a wire wheel because they leave deep grooves in the metal, trust me i work in a metal shop. the wheel he is talking about is gret. it wont leave grooves in the metal and it also strips the paint just as well. it is kind of a foam-like material but is very stiff as he stated probably some plastic material. i would try that before i went and destroyed my frame with a wire wheel

primersfiner said:
aka_locojoe said:
In addition to these methods I've also used a paint stripper wheel. Not wire but made of plastic or some kind of fiber. Use them in an electric drill motor. They are probably made by 3M.
you dont really want to use a wire wheel because they leave deep grooves in the metal, trust me i work in a metal shop. the wheel he is talking about is gret. it wont leave grooves in the metal and it also strips the paint just as well. it is kind of a foam-like material but is very stiff as he stated probably some plastic material. i would try that before i went and destroyed my frame with a wire wheel

3M Scotch-Brite Roloc Bristle Disc
Green: Course
Yellow: Medium
White: Fine

Thanks guys, I did use paint stripper in the end but I will have a look at these in the future

CIMG0950.jpg

Wire brushes and cordless drills... voila!
bike8.jpg

Just can't figure out how to get into the tight spots.
bike7.jpg

bike6.jpg

This is the madness you all (y'all) have created..._
bike9.jpg

bike10.jpg

Im going to buy me a set of bars like that. they look cool.

Anyone ever use a sandblaster with silica sand for stripping down a frame of paint and debris? Thoughts?

Nick

Back