Stretching a straight bar something (mockup added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2manybikes gave me a frame. I tried to put a 26'' tire on it and it wouldnt fit......he he he it will now. My mexican connection with my frames fell through. Can't trust relatives. Should have gone to china I guess , but i don't have a chinese wife. Anyway like my old daddy told me " if you want something done do it yourself" So since im bored I'm going to stretch a few frames. I'm sure some will be for sale if anybody is really interested. My brother and I can use only so many frames , and right now due to my buying spree I have them everywhere. The good ones i will copy and the ones with dents get the chop. So this is a straight bar something or other in the jig and on the way to being finished maybe tomorrow.
:lol:
straightbar1.jpg

straightbar2.jpg

straightbar3.jpg

Today I finished welding and grinding down everything , so I stuck some tires ,a seat and some old bars that were laying around to see what it looked like. If i dont mind saying so myself , this is the best one I have done so far. The lines turned out really good. so its on to paint and then put it together.

straightbar4.jpg

straightbar5.jpg

straightbar6.jpg

Re: Stretching a straight bar something

how much do you typically ask for a frame? if my build falls through, i may be in touch with you about getting something done.

Lookin good, I'm glad you are bringing it back to life. I am looking forward to seeing what this one looks like. :)

Retro:Bump said:
how much do you typically ask for a frame? if my build falls through, i may be in touch with you about getting something done.
The only ones i have sold so far were to Rat Rod and Rat Rod Dad. I got $150 each for them. It takes me 3 days to build one and the material is about $20 plus welding supplies and stuff. So its not a get rich quick scheme. They are really not hard to build if you take your time. Get a frame you like and lay it on the ground and add 6'' to it and then bend the pipe and weld it together. :wink:

2manybikes said:
Lookin good, I'm glad you are bringing it back to life. I am looking forward to seeing what this one looks like. :)
Since you gave it to me , you should be able to give me a hint as to what it was. :roll:

Uncle Stretch said:
2manybikes said:
Since you gave it to me , you should be able to give me a hint as to what it was. :roll:
I think its a straightbar roadmaster luxury liner, but it didn't have a badge whent I got it :?:

Wow Stretch...I had never seen this one before! I love the Colson Clone, but this one might be a little bit more "smooth".....

Did it get finished?

Latest posts

Back