Streets of Gold !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
commuter003.jpg
[url
commuter003.jpg
][/url][/img]This is the other side looking towards the lake.

I guess a little more commentary would be good, the lake is Clearlake its one of the oldest natural lakes in North America it takes an hour to drive around the whole lake.Mt Konocti actually has a underground lake below that is connected to Clearlake and yes it is a Volcano at rest. at the base of Konocti they have an excellent outdoor concert area...lot of big name venues. I am located 1 hour 45 minutes northeast of Sacramento....bring a boat and a bike!

feels like im going to my grandparents house!they live in redwood valley so i see those things alot :wink:
and shame on you for taking pictures while driving in all that traffic!

Looks like that is beautiful country there!!! I've never been further north in CA than the Ventura County line. I've always wanted to go to the northern part of the state. Thanks!!!

Gold Street Customs said:
[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/al...g195/holyrollin72/commuter002.jpg[/img][/img]This is the north end on my street,This is called Castlepoint it is currently a Christian camp it was at one time a exclusive resort. The street is so wide because it was also a runway at one time...its way cool for parking :mrgreen:
Hey I use to live on that street! Do hey still call it the Strand? or 14th St? I lived there in a mobile home way back in high school with my girlfriend, circa 1988.... IIRC, that road was originally used as a runway for that castle. very cool. Its been a long while since I been up to the lake.

Wow small world, Yeah its actually 13th street but they still call it the strand....alot has changed and alot hasn't they have been slowly taking out the old trailers and trying to upgrade but they have been putting parks along hwy 20 trying to make it a little nicer. But the lake sucks right now so much hydrilla clogging up everything it isn't good to swim in, hopefully they can figure something out.

Funny, all this time I've been seeing your username, I was thinking "Lucerne Valley" - but that's in the middle of the desert in SoCal, and looks NOTHING like that! Very nice!

I figure I would update since I first posted, with the econimy the way it is they had to shut down Konocti resort, it was one of the most beautiful concert venues in Nor Cal, put 800 people out of work, and the way the rain has been the lake is full and the water is gorgeous now. They are talking about installing more bike paths in the area, I will post more when something materializes.

that place looks awesome! i live in florida and we dont have any mountains...anywhere, im at 75ft above sea level and its the 2nd high point in the county. That lake looks windy, any sailing go on in it?

Latest posts

Back