Street Fighter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the inspiration! If you see one of your ideas stolen and applied here, um, sorry or thanks- whichever makes you feel best.
I used the stripped down Hot Rod/Streetfighter vibe as the basis for my '62 Schwinn Corvette 5 speed build.
The fork is cut down from a dumpster 10 speed to get the tire tucked up in the crown.
Wheel set and deraileur from a MTB that one of my kids outgrew.
My favorite handle bars ever from a department store MTB... I've had 'em forever
Redline tires compliments of One Shot Sign Painter's Enamel and a steady hand.
Tommy the Greek style teardrops with some freestyle stripes on the bass boat glitter seat.
Perforating the fenders and chain guard shaved a whopping 2.6 ounces of this 40lb frame... every bit helps.
Easily the coolest bike in my neighborhood- though I'm the only one who cares.
DSC01335-copy.jpg
DSC01340.jpg
DSC01344.jpg
DSC01345.jpg

Front is a Kenda 26X1.75- less than ten bucks at my LBS
Rear is a Vancom (?) 26X2.25- bought it at a Dunham's Sporting Goods store because it just looked right.
I put the red lines on

Very nice!!!...sweet kickstand 8) did you use epoxy to secure the pool ball to the stand?

really a nice clean build you got there! :D i like the fenders and chainguard treatment,and that pie crusty rear tire! 8) nice.

vibr8shun said:
Very nice!!!...sweet kickstand 8) did you use epoxy to secure the pool ball to the stand?
I had that billiard ball on this bike for over ten years and it never acted like it wanted to come off. For this build I removed the ball and cut the little dogleg off the end of the stand to bring the ball closer to the chainstay.
First, when I drilled the hole in the ball I did it tight so it was almost a press fit.
Second- for adhesive I used Plumber's Goop, that's really what it's called, comes in a big purple toothpaste like tube. I used it because it happened to be laying on my bench at the time and I thought, "this might work". It worked great! So when it came time for re-attaching the ball I used the same method.

I want to get a set of VBrakes on it very soon as the stock ones are only good for saying, 'yeah, its got brakes'. gonna do Dowie's split shaft collar VBrake adapters.

Cool bike. You guys are really starting to get to me with those ventilated fenders.

Rev very cool indeed. I just started a similar Typhoon project pool ball shifter foot brake a little stretch and some slam.

Oh, sweet!
That is just too danged cool! 8)

Back