Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Update #6)

Rockit! said:
Double Nickle said:
I know your thinking, Why would you purposely through yourself a curve ball when you could just find someone local. Well The answer to that question is because I don't have much left to do to my bike and I'm ending the first week of the build off. :oops:

Ohhhh now you messed up buddy....You've already played your cards and we still have 2 1/2 months to catch up!! :p
Hahahahahaha.... I don't think my idea is going to work out anyways. No word from karfer, sensor, or suicideride

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Update #5)

Double Nickle said:
OK rat rodders, I need your opinion...

Would this X-53 fork look better on the bike than the chopper fork?

P3190226.jpg
Nope! there overkill on anything.

Double Nickle said:
Rockit! said:
I really dig the way this bike is shaping up, but I must admit when you posted pics with the triple tree bolted up I wasn't a big fan :| But I also think you should do the one YOU want....it's your bike after all! I've really been enjoying your build so far. 8)
Update #6...

This should please all you anti triple tree-ers...but it turns out I like it better this way too. :wink: First of all I painted the intake red! Hot blazing red! It turned out nice and should help add a fast look to the bike.

Also Its the nicest day its been all year in the ATL so I snapped a new mock-up pics outside.

P5070447.jpg

P5070448.jpg

P5070450.jpg

P5070451.jpg

P5070452.jpg

P5070453.jpg

P5070454.jpg

P5070455.jpg
ya im not feeling it the origianol fork looks better but like the fink :D you should get another fink and put him on the tank.

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Crazy Idea!)

have you thought about chopping the forks and truss rods to bring the frontend down snug with the tire? :D

MAN THEM ARE SOME SLICK TINS!!!

Double Nickle said:
Brochacho said:
Dang it! I was eyeing that fork as well. Thanks a lot work for not letting me ask first.
Hahahaha dr.T had dibs on it before this build even started.

Dr. T should be a nice guy and pass on the fork so it comes my way. Come on it is Mother's Day after all.

imagearchy said:
have you thought about chopping the forks and truss rods to bring the frontend down snug with the tire? :D
That's alot easier said then done. First of all It only has room to be moved about half an inch. That springer gives about 3/4 inch when it spring so I can't take it down so far that the fender would scrum the tire. Also it's a risky move because those springers are worth about $100+ so cutting it down would make the value about half that number. But I will for sure check into it and give it some thought.

imagearchy said:
NO...NO...NO!......Bike looks "killer" JUST the way it is.....I'll check back in about 2 1/2 months. :lol:

Thanks man! Hopefuly you can come to a local show and see it!!!That is when it's done!

I'll be back around in the fall, tell your granddad I said hello.

motopsyco said:
Thanks man! Hopefuly you can come to a local show and see it!!!That is when it's done!

I'll be back around in the fall, tell your granddad I said hello.
Will do! :wink:

Love how this bike is coming together. I'm digging the tank and the trim you are doing to it. Your choice of fork is a smart one. Those suspension legs needed that brace to let them work in unison. You take a chance of breaking your front wheel axle or popping the wheel off without the brace.

Rock on :)

Double Nickle said:
OK friends its time to let you in on my crazy new idea,

Since pro pinstriping is legal this year and I plan on taking full advantage of it, What if I sent out different parts of my bike to different members of the site who can stripe(Karfer, Hotrodgen, etc..) and let them pinstripe it and send it back to me. I know all the styles would be different but It would really be a treasure knowing that my bike was pinstriped by artist all over the U.S. I know your thinking, Why would you purposely through yourself a curve ball when you could just find someone local. Well The answer to that question is because I don't have much left to do to my bike and I'm ending the first week of the build off. :oops:

This is how it would work...
I would box up a small part. Fender, fork, light, seat, tank,etc...and leave enough money to ship it back in the box. The volunteer would stripe it then send it back to me. After all the boxes are returned I would Then put them on the bike and have a final masterpiece.

The only way this could work is if the pinstriper can volunteer to donate the stripes or charge little, because I wouldn't be able to pay for them along with all the shipping. So if this is a dumb idea please let me know but If this might work, I think its worth a shot.

that will make for one sweet bike! but i think im gonna stay on the sidelines till the votes are in just to keep it fair to all the folks who buy their first brush and pull their first shakey midnight lines for their build. but once the judging is done find me and ill lay some licks down on it for ya!

No problem! I think hotrodgen wanted to do it all anyways. I didn't even think about it being unfair. Since pro pinstriping is allowed this year I thought it would be cool!

that things shapin up to be a winner!! im a little jealous...!

Thesuicideride is in!!! Now him and hotrodgen will be making their mark on the speed demon! The front fork will head to her and he gets the rear fender! If karfer and sensor decide to jump in aswell they can decide over the light and seat! I myself will be painting the tanks and frame here at home!

The first round of parts go out to them this week! Stay tuned!!!

Double Nickle said:
Rockit! said:
Double Nickle said:
I know your thinking, Why would you purposely through yourself a curve ball when you could just find someone local. Well The answer to that question is because I don't have much left to do to my bike and I'm ending the first week of the build off. :oops:

Ohhhh now you messed up buddy....You've already played your cards and we still have 2 1/2 months to catch up!! :p
Hahahahahaha.... I don't think my idea is going to work out anyways. No word from karfer, sensor, or suicideride
you have a pm :!:

im down to help you on this one bike cause i like it. and i have a feeling your gonna wipe what i am going to build anyways. pay the shipping and its done and i promise no pink

karfer67 said:
im down to help you on this one bike cause i like it. and i have a feeling your gonna wipe what i am going to build anyways. pay the shipping and its done and i promise no pink
OK cool now all four of yall are in. Send me your address and I will send you he seat to stripe! And yes shipping is covered

Latest posts

Back