Stout and Ale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
An homage to the Raleigh and Triumph roadsters of Nottingham, executed on old Chicago steel with oiled black primer...Black And Tan

Frame: 1974 Schwinn 24" Continental
Crank: Stock Schwinn One piece
Front Hub: Suntour V with quick release
Rear Hub: Shimano CB E110 coaster from Richard's Cycles - Garden Grove - Thanks ....
Stem: Wald #4
Bars: Wald Touring
Saddle: Traitor from LABrakeless - Thanks Anna
Grips and Pedals from Memory Lane Classics
Chainwheel:46 T Five of Hearts
Cog: 18T

DSC00336web.jpg

DSC00334web.jpg

DSC00338web.jpg

I like it, absolutely awesome. I love simple bikes that look like they're from wayyyy back when. I hope to do a similar conversion on my uinvega atb soon. I think you succeeded, very very well.

Thanks Speed2XS for the remarks...and Korporal; cheers, salud and bottoms up ;-)

Very nice!

Super clean ride! bet its fun to ride or deliver stuff! nice job.

We used to put about a pint of kerosene oil in our bucket of car wash water and wash the cars with that but I never heard of applying oil to a primer job. We only did it when our paint was fading and we couldn't afford that $29.99 one day paint job. I only made $45.15 a week and that barely covered the bills. I never used a coin operated car wash until I was 19 years old.
Oh yeah, and to answer your question, decals don't stick to well to an oily surface.

I like your bike a lot. Plain and simple (with all the garbage off of it). I have a 1953 Raleigh that I plan to do something simular to.

I am thinking of adding a chainguard and fenders. I am open to ideas...

Thanks for the comments, flip ;-)

flip said:
I am thinking of adding a chainguard and fenders. I am open to ideas...

Thanks for the comments, flip ;-)

I couldnt imagine what you would need to add, it's near perfect. I will be adding a chrome bullet headlight when I some day plainly copy this bike. :wink:

Stout and ale ... never fail?
(Frustrated poet) :roll:
That is a beautiful machine. I don't see what you could do to improve it. If it doesn't rain where you live and it's not a commuter, there's no need for mudguards.

Back