STOP SMOKING ON A BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not preachin at anyone bout smokin but just wanted to say I'd been tryin to quit smoking for a loooooong time, and thanks to pickin up bicycles again Ive kicked the smokin bug !!!! I orginally started riding again to try and get more exercise and lose weight but I am happy to say its helped me get rid of another bad habit. Used to i could quit for a little bit and then id break down and "Bum" a smoke from somebody, that would light the urge to somke constantly again, but now that im ridin bikes again, it would remind me after id "Bum" a smoke just how much i was hurtin myself, ON ONE CIGARETTE, just the idea of how bad another ciggybutt is gonna hurt me when it comes to ridin around is enough to make me ditch em for good !!!! (fingers crossed of course).

Keep it up jeremy, Dads been quit for like almost two years now, You can do it! he went from smoking like 2 and a half packs a day TWO NONE!!! He smoked like crazy! it takes will power and im SURE you can do it!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN!!!

Its been a coupla months since my last smoke, but your right, it was the cravings that would kill me sometimes, for the last 10 years that was the first thing id do when i got in a car and got out of a car like it was burned in my brain "This is what you do!". But when i got cravings i couldnt think of anything else. Just think now tho, I could use the money i used to spend on smokes on a yardsale bike or two every week !!!

Heh, heh. When I read the title, I thought it was just a common sense statment and it would be a story about a mishap ending in screaming "oh it BURNS IT BURNS!!!"

BTW. Smoking a pipe on a bicycle is also not a good idea.

Good luck man. Corn Nuts. They're like smashing little heads in your teeth. Help ward off the quitting neurosis and you get the added bonus of still smelling like butt.

you can do it, man. I haven't had a smoke in over two years, and I smoked two packs a day for about seventeen years. it gets easier, trust me. Just stick with it. One more non-smoker = one more rider in ten years. we need ya!!!
And yea that car thing sucks, one of the harder habits to break. I just started eating in my car a lot, made me not want to smoke.
hang in there,
justin

thanks for all the support but ive REALLY made up my mind not to smoke ANYmore, Ive tried before and failed, i just finally got it in my head this time, smoking is pointless and it really does make you feel like crap, i am extremely confident this is stickin. and yeah ive been eatin beef jerkin and chompin on sunflower seeds lately, i drive 8 hrs aday for work :D

I don't care how old this thread is; I'-a-bumpin it.So others can be inspired,same as I. 8)

It's pure fate that I stumbled on it when I did.

I'm at the stage CCR was at the beginning of this thread.

I can't stand pretty much everything about them......but I keep smoking them.

Add to that the fact that almost everyone around me smokes; and you can see my situation.I know it can be done.

Wish me luck...

Good luck! I have not smoked one in 2 years. I used to smoke 2-3 packs a day and one day I added up all the money I spent on cigarettes in a year. (Marlboros ain't cheap) :shock: That's a lot of bikes I was missing out on. Swore I'd never smoke another one again and I haven't. That first month is the hardest after that it's a matter of willpower.

So; how do you start to stop? What was your first major step? I think that if I can just get some type of momentum going; I'll have a shot.I'm just going to probably take a ride.

I already know how much I'm spending; and trust me, you don't wanna know. :shock:

I decided to quit because, I hated the mess. I loved my ciggies. They were my escape from stress. Been smoking 2 packs a day since I was 16 and I'm 61. My doctor told me I had already messed up my lungs and quitting really wasn't going to do much for me. I have not smoked one in a little over seven months.Actually 222 days. I started using that niccotine gum from walgreens. Catch it on sale. The original flavor worked the best for me. That mint coated stuff didn't work.For the last two months ,I started Vaping. Eciggs are cool. You can blow smoke rings and get the same throat hit as a real ciggie. I have invested maybe $80 in the stuff to do them. The cool part is they have a hundred flavors. Several taste like a real smoke. Its water vapor...no smell to stink up your now clean nice smelling house. You can adjust the ammount of niccotine you use till you get to none. Then it gives you something to play with. No cancer causing stuff and it will help to give you something to do when your drinking your coffee in the mornings. So to all of you wanting to quit. Its tough and for a while its the only thing that you will think about , but once you get a few months under your belt it gets easier. The one big plus is then you can tell smokers to put that nasty crap out that you don't want to smell it,and make them go outside in the cold and rain.

Uncle Stretch said:
I decided to quit because, I hated the mess. I loved my ciggies. They were my escape from stress. Been smoking 2 packs a day since I was 16 and I'm 61. My doctor told me I had already messed up my lungs and quitting really wasn't going to do much for me. I have not smoked one in a little over seven months.Actually 222 days. I started using that niccotine gum from walgreens. Catch it on sale. The original flavor worked the best for me. That mint coated stuff didn't work.For the last two months ,I started Vaping. Eciggs are cool. You can blow smoke rings and get the same throat hit as a real ciggie. I have invested maybe $80 in the stuff to do them. The cool part is they have a hundred flavors. Several taste like a real smoke. Its water vapor...no smell to stink up your now clean nice smelling house. You can adjust the ammount of niccotine you use till you get to none. Then it gives you something to play with. No cancer causing stuff and it will help to give you something to do when your drinking your coffee in the mornings. So to all of you wanting to quit. Its tough and for a while its the only thing that you will think about , but once you get a few months under your belt it gets easier. The one big plus is then you can tell smokers to put that nasty crap out that you don't want to smell it,and make them go outside in the cold and rain.

I tried those; but I can't get any of them to hit worth a (insert "bad" word that rhymes with "hit" here ). The one I was using was the Blu. I even got the higher level liquid; and still no help.

Oh; and I can't take Chantix....

Jimmy the Gent said:
I tried those; but I can't get any of them to hit worth a (insert "bad" word that rhymes with "hit" here ). The one I was using was the Blu. I even got the higher level liquid; and still no help.

Oh; and I can't take Chantix....

I got the one called Joye510 and I look like a chimney using it.
I also would never take Chantix. If someone tells me the side effect is
to kill myself and/or see stuff , I think I will pass. :shock:

Back