STOCK UP ON FIXIES...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never ridden a fixie. I have though about building one with a 26" Frame/wheels, bmx cruiser bars and fat Slick tires.

When I got my Skull Skates 26" cruiser in the mail from P.D., the rear wheel was turned around the wrong way and was set up as a fixed gear.

I rode it around the driveway for a few minutes and quickly realized it wasn't for me. :lol:

That is what I want to build.......Or you could just send it to me to save time.(If you still have it).

cman said:
That is what I want to build.......Or you could just send it to me to save time.(If you still have it).

It is still sitting in my office here at work.

Just rode it to Chipotle last week for lunch. :D

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the movie trailer, this will be the "Fast and Furious" of the fixie world, a real game changer as current fixed gear riders stop riding fixed and tons of kids hop on the band wagon and ruin what's left of the "culture." haha

Maybe I'll slap some stickers on my Mongoose Cachet and sell it when the gettin's good.

Huh...lately I've seen them poppin here and there on the Rock....got " somethin somethin " g :? in.....

I sold a few converted 12 speeds to single speeds (bmx freewheel) 2-3 years ago, but the last one I sold took too long to sell and I made very little on it, so this will be good if Rat Rod is right, that market could use a shot in the arm; around here anyway.

It seems like everyone in downtown Sacramento ride fixes. Especially the DFH's(dirty freakin hipsters) as I like to call them. I just built my son a vintage Specialized fixed gear...light and fast...that's for sure. so much so that those kids are starting to "race" cars downtown, putting themselves in harm's way, unfortunately.

fixies are difficult to ride but once you learn its a lot of fun an great for exercise

big kountry said:
fixies are difficult to ride but once you learn its a lot of fun an great for exercise

Yes, but the limited riding I've done on mine has ruined me on other bikes, I now forget to coast.

fixies here in New Zealand have been around for a few years but more of an underground movement,I work for a large retail outlet and recently we got some single speeds in ($150)by repco and althought the bits are basic,the frame(with track dropouts) fork and brakes are of quality so slapping on some nice araya's,sansin or shimano 105's and swaping out all the cheap steal for nice alloy and you would have a nice cruiser,annoying part was the company advertising them as the latest trend in FIXED GEAR,promptly emailed them to say that they are not fixies but single speed,suprise the next add said single speed,amazing how companies jump so quick onto a culture without doing research,I think the riding and tricks they do on fixies is cool but it ain't for me,I have done a fare bit of good bussiness in selling single speeds and thats what I ride

I had built my first fixie last month, making one out of a 79' Huffy Good Vibrations cruiser and love it. Sort of weird getting used to the not coasting thing and I think i'd like to add some toe clips and straps to make it even fixier.

After building this one, I have a few more bikes i'd like to convert and flip into fixies. I keep seeing a few at Walmart, but I prefer my fixies to be "sans handbrakes", keeping it pure, althought a flipflop hub would be cool.

DSCN3666.jpg

Best of both worlds, cruiser and fixie!

Back