TRADITIONAL Stir crazy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back from second page slacker status. To many 12 hr shifts in a row. I finally got the rest of the paint to give up on the frame. I can't find good aircraft stripper i have used in the past. So slow it is. On a positive note all i have left is the tank, front forks, and a chainguard if i use one. Everthing will be clear coated with dead flat clear. At this pace i should be done by December. Time to pull the steel wool strands out of my fingers and start another part.
20240514_104452.jpg

Tedious, but rewarding work!

Looks good. I really like the bare metal look.
Three layers of the most armor proof paint i've ever stripped. Could have sent it to the blaster but they come out to clean and shiny for my likes. I'll give them a little OA bath which will take out the shine and give it a little more aged look. A couple light coats of dead flat clear and ready for my pin striper.

Ummm, looks good as it is? Looks like it's already done? (second photo)

Or was your comment
I'm going to pull this springer apart to finish stripping the paint.
just a 'strip, tease' ?

Looks great.
It seems like there is an ongoing commentary in this build off that strippers just don't work as hard as they used to. :D

Back