Stingrays Only! (Early scramblers and hurricanes too!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
1968longboy said:
My 1977 Schwinn Tornado. All original, except for rear 1976 South Carolina license plate mounted where the rear reflector is supposed to be, and the front number plate. I painted the front plate up myself.

IMG_0293_zpsa1029c4b.jpg

Awesome bike the color just pops, and way Awesome job on the front plate!

Thanks :D. There are some beautiful stingrays in this thread.

Here is my stingray that I rescued from the trash in my neighborhood. After I put it in my truck I had to get out for a second look, I checked the tires,yep they were flat and the spokes were full of spider webs. I could not beleive that any one could throw this away! It had a blue & white S seat on it and a set of cruiser bars on it, oh yea its a girls bike. I added an NOS tall sissy bar & solo seat,handle bars & a Schwinn Bantam bar.
Bicycles024.jpg

Top bike my Candy apple green stingray. Middle the occ stingray I built for my wife to match my bike (old school new school) Last the manta ray I bought for my self and my wife straight jacked me for. Now is "her" bike. Oh well win some lose some.

blackdiamond said:
ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
Hey I've seen that bike before, oh that was your Ultra Cool Buildoff Bike, still looks great!
Haha thanks, im thinkin of selling it tho :|
Financing future projects? I got into that mode a week ago or so, so far sold 2 rays and a 3rd is pending. If you do, GLWS someone's getting a nice bike.

i was going to go to dudley this past weekend, but family matters took priority. to try to make up a little for not making it i was going to put two of my restored schwinn stingray lil tigers pics up on this site. not sure they qualified and don't know how to go about uploading pics on this site as i am a brand new member. any help would be appreciated. milt

Here's a few of mine .first OG. paint 68 Deluxe, haven't had time to clean it yet .

"79" Scrambler

stings008_zps2091e2ce.jpg

"65" Deluxe, older resto.it'll get redone some day ?

stings009_zps3c6a98cd.jpg

My wife's "65"

My "66" fastback bought this one at a thrift shop for 5 bux !many years ago.

stings011_zpse8eb03bc.jpg

Another "65" deluxe this one recently got parted out. :|

bikepics005_zps6dc0a079.jpg

I'll add the others as i get pic,s......RafaeL

Here's another i just sold, clean "74" , haven't seen too many Orange one's .

ORANGESTING_zps4881d128.jpg

Back