Stingray painting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a few months of work off and on, I finaly finished this project. I may add spokes but for now it is done and I thought I would share.

100_2177.jpg

wow you are quite tallented. i dont have the attention span to paint like that so i pinstripe :D

I believe the owner of that particular Stingray was a Tim Cook*. If it's the Tim Cook I think it is, he was a big time Stingray collector (VERY elitist too, in my, and others opinion) who also put together what is considered by many to be the premier early BMX collection and then got out of the hobby when other people wouldn't play by his rules. That whole bit of drama played out on OS-BMX well over a year ago.

More importantly, that's great painting rustymotors :D Makes me want to get the brushes out again (it's been nuthin' but design work for the last few years for me)

-Mp

*If it's the Stingray I think it is

I really like this painting. Excellent job. I feel it's more artistic and expressive to leave the spokes out. Not being able to see the spokes or the kickstand creates the illusion of movement, making it more than a still life painting. Way to go.

I have to agree - it looks great right now. No spokes needed. They might do it in.

Very nice work. I think that adding spokes might draw away from the clean look, it's nice and evenly weighted now, everything consistent.

I've seen a lot of nice portrait work ruined by adding teeth to the grin in someone's mouth. They never look right.

You could have restored a real one... :|

Just kidding, nice painting!!

Bicyclerick said:
Nice job Josh. Are you going to make it back for the swap april 5th?

We are comming back the 14th -20 march, and I am not going to be able to come back again for the swap. i sure will miss it. Your swap is always a great way to start the season of bike buying off.

as for the rest thanks for the compliments. I had a lot of ork in this one.

oh my god that is awesome. don't ad spokes. it is more artful without them i think.

that turned out great!! i think no spokes is just so much cleaner, and also because who knows how stright the lines will be? oh and one thing you DO need, is to paint Scwhinn on the chaingaurd. :mrgreen:

Did you say a few months off work? I could paint for 50 years and all I would have is a big glob of undry paint. That is SUPER. Great job.

Nice job! I do some pencil work, but never tried painting, a whole different talent. I like the tiger tail and the two speed kickback hub. Is that a Tony the Tiger radio, on the bars?

Back