Sticker removal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just repainted a trashcan save for my daughter (Greenlight cruiser) and all of the "decoration" on the frame was stickers that were a complete pain in the butt to remove. What's the best way to tackle this task in the future? Wire wheel?

Wirewheel only if you are repainting.

I try to peel them off the best that I can can. Then try WD40 to remove the residue. Tougher ones, break out the heat gun.

If I'm going through the effort of taking all the stickers off a bike, I'll usually repaint it. The stickers on this bike were horrible, they were weathered so would just break off in little pieces when trying to peel them and the adhesive was a bear to get off.

Spray can WD40, exact o knife or similar scraping tool, and patience has worked well for me.

This will sound odd, but- mayonaise. The pinstriping on my Sebring was very sun-baked, would only come off in tiny bits, by heat, wd-40, decal remover, even the wheel referenced above, which oddly worked great on my older Sebring. :roll:
Wife finally went out with some mayo, and five minutes later came back with a smug look. Put it on, let it set a few minutes, then a plastic scraper or thumbnail.

Back