BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS GUYS GOT MORE MOVES AND SIDE STEPS THAN...
CYMERA_20200618_131215.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Major distraction tonight! I just won a set of Tortuga Rising Sun all aluminum triple tree forks on Billy Bueno's Random Prize Drawings FB page!!!! Basically, the CNCed triple trees with the third set of fork legs.

NO. I am not going to put these on SteamRoller, but I am stoked about these!!!

38843982_10210849759874201_6437614965443526656_o.jpg

Last edited:
Major distraction tonight! I just one a set of Tortuga Rising Sun all aluminum triple tree forks on Billy Bueno's Random Prize Drawings FB page!!!! Basically, the CNCed triple trees with the third set of fork legs.

NO. I am not going to put these on SteamRoller, but I am stoked about these!!!

View attachment 126134
Congrats on an awesome score from Billy's I Loooove these forks. Sweet!!!

Congrats on an awesome score from Billy's I Loooove these forks. Sweet!!!

Yeah, I remember seeing pics of these pop up a year or two ago. I think it is one of the cooler triple tree plate designs around!!! I have my home made Swing Bike up for raffle right now and we traded entries with each other. I hope he wins the Swing Bike now.

No progress pics on the fork today. Once I started mearuring the tolerances and comparing the headset bearing cups to the headtube I.D. , I realize that while grinding away the outer wall of the bearing cup MIGHT work, there is a much easier solution. I did search around and ask around if there were any reasonable hacks, but there aren't.

I have seen enough to know for sure that this Sunlite Deluxe Springer is what I want to use for this build. They are readily available in both 1 1/8" (what I have) and 1". I am just going to order one with a 1" steer tube. Simple.

So for now, front end work has halted on SteamRoller. I guess I'll start working on the holey higgins rack and chainguard brackets. Back to more bracketology next.

That’s the right call on the fork.

I had a chance to see this bike on person today, it’s pretty cool, the mounting of the banana seat and the Monark sissy bar is really solid.
This frame is so cool, great sweeping lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the right call on the fork.

I had a chance to see this bike on person today, it’s pretty cool, the mounting of the banana seat and the Monark sissy bar is really solid.
This frame is so cool, great sweeping lines.

Thanks man. Good to meet up with you again and chat bike stuff.

I like how well the whole seat assembly turned out. I picked up some better bolts to lock all of that down.

Waiting to hear back from someone who has a non-Sunlite 1" steer tube one of these forks. It may be over a week before I get my hands on it. I can still work on roughing in the rack and guard, but I really can't lock their placement down until I have the fork and wheel in place. This is because I don't know what "horizontal" is without a front end. I'm really at a bit of a standstill without the final fork.

For now, but only for a little while.

While I am waiting on my fork, I thought it would be cool to compare SteamRoller with where I was with VerBoten exactly 5 years ago since they are both Elgin Twin Bar frames.

20200618_174238.jpg

10926807_107123656295594_5300631015553666088_o.jpg

20200618_174246.jpg

11411999_107123619628931_368193846344297579_o.jpg

20200618_174259.jpg

1911044_107123556295604_8361048453906940057_o.jpg

Last edited:
With the level of customizing this build has that Verboten didn’t, I think you’re tracking pretty well.
Once the fork/front end is sorted and you make the necessary leveling adjustments to the rack, what’s left?
Saddle upholstery...lighting....paint, right? For you, that’s like 20-30 minutes... hahahahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of time left. Other regular world stuff keeps popping up, so the short wait should fly by.

It's quite fun to see these two builds side by side in these pics. I'll have to remember to roll the complete VerBoten out sometime too.

Back