St. Louis MO, Sun April 20th, Antique Bicycle Display, Meet, and Ride at Forest Park

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
An important event is taking place within the antique bicycle hobby on Easter Sunday, April 20th at Forest Park in St. Louis, Missouri. Each year for the past 53 years on Easter Sunday the Horseless Carriage Club of Missouri has held their Concours d'Elegance at the Muny in Forest Park. The Horseless Carriage Club of Missouri (HCCMO) is an organization with interests very similar to our own; to restore, preserve, and showcase all that's great about antique automobiles. Again this year they're holding their most notable event on Easter Sunday and we (members of the antique bike community) have, for the first time, been invited to attend the event and provide a static display of antique bicycles.
Additionally, we've seen over the last several years a growing network of folks here in the St. Louis region who are interested in expanding the classic bicycle scene to include more events, rides, and get-togethers. The HCCMO event on Easter Sunday will include a bicycle ride around beautiful Forest Park and a meeting to kick off the newly formed River City Retro Bicycle Club, discuss where we want to take this opportunity, AND, an announcement of the next event, scheduled for June 22nd.

I'm very excited about this! It's terrific to have the interest and support of the HCCMO and this meeting will help shape a newly formed group of antique bike aficionados in the area.

More details to follow. For now take a look at the HCCMO's monthly newsletter: http://www.hccmo.com/sitebuildercont...brasslampr.pdf

UPDATE!

Plan to arrive around 10:30am on Sunday, April 20th at the upper Muny parking lot. Other show participants will be arriving at this time but we will have a well marked and great location for bicycles adjacent to the classic cars. Around 2pm we'll rally the group and set off on a leisurely ride through the park and discuss the next scheduled event.

Please see the attached map and don't hesitate to contact me with questions.

I'm 1.5 hours away, easy trip for me. Was just at the Forest Park art museum last week in fact. Just now reading up on this thing, would love to make it but being on Easter kind of makes it a no-show for me. :confused:

Back