Spyder under the deck!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone called me and asked if I'd be interested in getting rid of the Spider under their deck (I'm serious). Then they explained that it was a SPYDER. Here it is.

I promised my wife that I wasn't going to accumulate any more junk (Wal Mart, old road bikes, kids bikes etc.) bikes, I was only going to acquire "vintage" bikes. :roll: So far these are the two I've picked up this year...... I don't think she see's the difference. :lol:

001-13.jpg

004-5.jpg

It says "spyder 500" on the seat, which is in amazing condition considering it's been under a deck for the last 15 yrs, no tears, cuts, or oxidation.

Nice find. Spyder 500. I founed one of those but it was missing the front wheel and a few parts. I used the rear drum hub on my clunker build. Still have the frame, fork and handlbars.

I promised my wife that I wasn't going to accumulate any more junk (Wal Mart, old road bikes, kids bikes etc.) bikes, I was only going to acquire "vintage" bikes. :roll: So far these are the two I've picked up this year...... I don't think she see's the difference.

Junk??? What?? Where??? Both those bikes just scream BUILD OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should you decide to part them out-trade ya for the crash rail or the ram's horn bars...........The crash rail I can actually use, the ram's horn bars, just because they are cool!

Hmmm, now that I think about it, how about a build off using all or a percentage of donated or "pay it forward" parts exchanged between RRB members? Set up a separate thread for guys who have a frame but are looking for other pieces or vice versa? Just an idea.........

What is that bike on the right?....I got a frame just like that for free a few weeks ago...and the springs for for it...

Another Sears.... Flightliner........I got that one for free also, It had been outside for the last 12yrs. :cry:

hey Kota,
is that an Easthampton plate on the flightliner? I have a plate off of my grandmothers trike (witch I'd like to kick my brother in the butt of selling)

IMG_2412.jpg

by the way, did you see the pair of Sears liners on craigslist?

regulators00 said:
hey Kota,
is that an Easthampton plate on the flightliner? I have a plate off of my grandmothers trike (witch I'd like to kick my brother in the butt of selling)

by the way, did you see the pair of Sears liners on craigslist?

No, it's a rotted Northampton plate..... Wanna trade? :lol: :lol: ....(I didn't think so).
The Sears bikes,........He's one of US now! :D

Gold Street Customs said:
Hey Kota, just talked with your wife about all that junk you have been accumilating, she said if I mow the lawn and do the dishes she said I can take it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shoulda talked to me! I'd let em go for just "mowin de lawn" (french). 8)

Back