springer forks vs suspension forks do they work the same?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy i want to build a cruiser bike that will be good on all terrain i hope someday to maybe go long distances on a bike and i was wondering does a springer fork work the same as a suspensin fork whats the difference and do you have any other ideas as to what would make it a good all terrain besides good tires im using my fuji cruiser frame :?:

Typical suspension forks, to my knowledge, work with oil and air layered in the tubes that compress and expand together in accordance to bumps. (At least i think so... maybe regular suspension forks have a spring inside, I think maybe what I'm thinking of is called an air over oil fork or something like that). Springer forks absorb bumps in a very much basic way with mechanical flexing between a spring and truss rods, usually with dropout brackets on pivots at the lower portion of the fork.

Springer forks work great for cruisin. They are not built to withstand off road or high speeds, especially the new ones. I would find a suspension fork that works with your frame. You may have a hard time if you need a 1" Steertube. Most are made with 1 1/8" steertube. The box store/walmart bikes may have the 1" steer tube.

if you are going to beat on it get an aftermarket suspension fork. trouble is most are 1 1/8 steer tube

thanks eveyone i sent a pm and email to flyingdingo to see if he still has this suspension fork he asking 5$ for it . its a 24 inch
i dont know if it is threaded though im waiting for a responce from him about if he has it and if it is threaded
IMG_2896.jpg

Back