Spring Fever Stretched Road Master

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Looks good 8) That springer is asking for a repaint though :lol:

Most Definately! I'll have to tear it down again so when I do I'm going to strip the pink paint off it and just go with the bare metal look until I get time to paint everything. Right now I am just wanting to be able to ride it.

I was able to take it for a test ride today. Still have a couple details to work out but it rides nice.

StretchedCWC2622.jpg

I moved the bottom bracket back and lowered it. Now my foot doesn't hit the front wheel and it is more comfortable.

StretchedCWC2623.jpg

I added a spacer to raise the seat stay still need to do the other side. It is just spot welded in case I needed to make adjustments. This along with moving the bottom bracket let the chain clear the seat stays.

StretchedCWC2626.jpg

StretchedCWC2625.jpg

I think this is the best stretch I have made so far.

Skipton said:
Looks great! I like it unpainted :wink: maybe just sand the fork to bare metal

although the yellow bike looks sweet! :D

Thanks. I am planning to leave it bare metal for now and the fork is definitely getting the pink paint stripped. I am going to play around with a fenders and a chain guard to see how they look. I might paint it eventually though.

sasza said:
Bikes look great, but I wonder how driver looks on it? Can you send one picture? Or more :)

I just put fenders on it and need to take a few pics. I'll see if I can get some one to snap a pic of me on the bike. I'll post pics later this evening.

HotRodJen said:
i really like the flow of this bike! nice work

Thanks Jen! This is what I was going for with the Yellow bike. I like the Yellow one just didn't get the "Flow". It's got more wiggle to it than flow.

Jimmy65 said:
Great job man that baby is sweeeet!

Thanks Jimmy!

Here are the pics I promised. For some reason the bike looks smaller in these pics than it actually is.

StretchedCWC2627.jpg

StretchedCWC2628.jpg

StretchedCWC2630.jpg

StretchedCWC2631.jpg

I am really liking the bare metal. I think it kinda has that Lead Slead look to it. After I took these photos I took the fork apart and sanded the pink paint off. Looks much better now.

StretchedCWC2632.jpg

I snapped this photo of the bike in my makeshift work stand. Got tired of bending over to work on it. I had to use the mountain bike wheel to allign the forks and front fender since I hadn't trued the red front wheel but it is trued now and back on the bike. Took it for another short ride and it rides very nice.

sasza said:
Thanks for pictures, now I know that bike is great. It looks free so light. If you ever want to leave it give it to me :p

Thanks for the compliment but I think I will hang onto it for now.

I found a chainguard I really like but it was off a 20'' bike and way too short. I tried to find another chainguard with the same shape but didn't have any luck. I started looking at other sources. I found a base to a barbecue grill that had the right bend so I cut out the piece I needed. After a little work with the grinder, file and welder I now have a chainguard that is perfect.

StretchedCWC2633.jpg

I have done some more work to the bike and although it still has a few minor details that will be worked out in the future I am calling done for now. I posted the finished pics in the Gallery section. Here is the link. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39143

Oh man, it's so cool watching an artist at work! The bike looks really good with the paint knocked off, but I like seeing this pic to know how you did it and see all the pieces in place!
BBQ chainguard . . . you know how I feel about using what ya got and makin' the most of it . . . RIGHT ON!!!!!!!! 8)

Back