SPLIT DECISION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Now that I'm done with my last build.
"The BMK"
Now it's time to start a new build. I've was debating to build this thing or scrap it and so I decided to " Yes" build it.!!! Well as you can see it's a fold up frame and I forget the make (will post the name later). And so I started to do the dismantling of the little parts on it and as you all know there's that one section of the bike that needs some special attention and here is that part of the bike that needs that attention. I would really like to shake the hand of the person that did this hack job in welding the head set cups to the steer tube.
So I'll keep you posted on the next phase to the build.
I leave you with these pictures.

Easy fix just need a fork so I can set it up to cut the bad part and I'll go from there.
I'll have to measure it and I think I have enough room for a 1 1/8 fork to and stem set.

that's funny. ill have to remember that trick. just curious, what bottom bracket does it have? euro? Thompson?

It a weird looking euro bb. It's a one cotter pin crank that's on the none drive crank side and the drive (sprocket) side looks to a one piece with the bb..
Crazy looking but effective..
Pictures of the bb and if you look close on the last picture there's a pincher bug that came out from the inside of the bb when I took it apart..

Ok I found what this frame is originally from a post that I had ask what it was and this what they found.
Found it!
It looks like this Royal Sport, a German made bike.

e5jjfm.jpg

So head tube was pretty bad by welding on the head set cups on. So I fixed and cleaned up all the booger welds left on the head tube to except a new set of cups. So here are some pictures of how it looked like before and the finished and fixed cleaned up head tube.
Before:

After:

Can someone tell me the purpose of these two plugs with wire attached to ends and inserted inside the frame.?

That looks like it may have been a fuse holder of some sort...

Can someone tell me the purpose of these two plugs with wire attached to ends and inserted inside the frame.?
I would guess that it's probably the wiring for the taillight...

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back