Spitfire Rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after taking her for the biggest ride of my life, and Having it breakdown 12 miles from home, I figured it was time that She got 'Redid. So have a looksy what i done so far, I wanted to get it back to looking like it did when i first customized it, So heres the before and after, Not done yet, chopping up some hollywood fenders tomorrow.

This is how she was last december.
DSCF0320.jpg

And heres the sexy Beast now. Not much changed, Well i guess theres some stuff, New apes, new schwinn gooseneck, 5spoke sprocket outa a hollywood, hollywood s-7s (soon to be white s-7's maybee) Put cool seat back on it, got a black schwinn 'S' Seat but it kill the butt. Got new 'Tarrs, coke bottle grips, Im going to put a headlight, And looking to put front truss rods on it too so here she is.

DSCF1551.jpg

Still need new pics coke bottle grips were added off the tornado like 5 mins after photo was taken, But i taut id show yall what i been working on and why i aint been on here much.

God i love this bike, I think shes my new favorite, I killed this guy on a mountain bike in a race today he was shocked.

Nice job.

I like the blackwall tires and the Mag chainring better than the "December" look.

62Higgins said:
Nice job.

I like the blackwall tires and the Mag chainring better than the "December" look.

Yeah me too. I still got more stuff to do on the bike though..

Re: spitfire

tnt1 said:
Hey your fork is bent :(

I know :lol: rides normal dont bother me atall. If u look closely at the "December look" the cranks were also bent thats why i changed the crank and sprocket. the

If u look at the tire marks on the back whitewall in the dec pic, thats from last fall when this guy He was like 20 He was acting like he was going to hit me on a dirt bike One of them 50 cc Jobbys, I yelled what where ur going Jerk! i mean he was like 2 feet before he moved. He turns around and starts chasing me Threatining to beat me and derek up So we take off, Go to my house get my dad and go look for the guy couldnt find him but anyway The jerk was trying to knock me off my bike, I wish i woulda kicked that mother in the face Ahh. that woulda been great.

Bobbed fender, Pics suck cause i took em after my ride (buncha cute girls from school :) )
DSCF1562.jpg

DSCF1563.jpg

DSCF1566.jpg

DSCF1568.jpg

And Your Maverick Mechanic!
DSCF1569.jpg

I was just listening to some rob zombie, I think ive found her name, Black Sunshinee. :) Sounds good.

ricksterr1221 said:
I was just listening to some rob zombie, I think ive found her name, Black Sunshinee. :) Sounds good.

(insert rolling bass riff)

Gripping the bars his knuckles went white with desire
The wheels of his spitfire exploding on the sidewalks like a slug from a 45
True death !!! 400 pedal-power of maximum performance piercing the night
This is black sunshine !!!

:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You made me smile. Thats what i was thinking huh? lol Im going to try and cut a tank insert out of aluminum with tinsnips tomorrow, Think it will work guys? Its pretty thin.. Idk.

I hope so Wait till u see what i have done to this bike guys, ALOT has changed in the past few days. :D Just waaait!

Okay guys, Check out My bike.

DSCF1584.jpg

DSCF1585.jpg

DSCF1586.jpg

DSCF1591.jpg

DSCF1592.jpg

Didn't Have any polish :cry:
DSCF1593.jpg

DSCF1595.jpg

And last but not least.
DSCF1597.jpg

Hope u guys like it as much as i do, SHE HAULS Butt, I had a cop check me with the radar gun I was doing 28 miles and hour and she still had more pedal :lol:

It looks awesome Ricky....nice job giving the headbadge the vintage look.

Just find ya some Mother's Aluminum polish at the auto parts store and you can make it look like chrome.

You've got a sweet rat rod there my friend.

ricksterr1221 said:
nobody LIKES IT :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

Not to worry there Rick, I like this bike plenty. The two tone paint it has is actually my favourite Schwinn paint scheme. Great patina on it, it's weathered, but not cruddy looking. It's Just right in my books.

You may want to tweak your forks though, they look a bit bent back. The handling will be that much better when they're at the factory rake.

-Mp

Rat Rod said:
It looks awesome Ricky....nice job giving the headbadge the vintage look.

Just find ya some Mother's Aluminum polish at the auto parts store and you can make it look like chrome.

You've got a sweet rat rod there my friend.

Thanks steve, Your Typhoon looks better.

Back