Sparta Athos "Dutch Bike" Help Needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTX

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMGP7716.JPG

IMGP7717.JPG

IMGP7720.JPG

IMGP7724.JPG

Got this from a small town Flea Mkt...They said they had one bike in back...Anyone know values on these?
Sparta "Athos" made in Holland.
28" Stainless wheels,Nexus 6v generator/drum brake front...Nexus 7-speed internal hub/drum rear.
Nexus automatic headlite,and headlite detector rear lite...it strobes when a car approches.
The guy at the store outran cars on it on the service road to demo it...40 mph,or so.
Thanks!!

Nice functional bike. They make great commuter or utility bikes. Most Dutch bikes are built to last and left outside. New they sell for 600-750 Euros. Approx. $800-1000.

Thanks! I'm probably going to advertise it as a commuter for college.It's built better than the Trek/Specialized ones in the bike shop.

I looked them up online here in the USA...not many here for sale,and none on Ebay.I see similar bikes on your listing there for what is about $300-700 USD.
I am thinking of keeping it and getting a rack mount motor kit.I have built several in-frame kit bikes,but this one seems to be a good candidate for the rear friction drive. It is very hilly where I live!
http://thatsdax.com/

Back