Spaceliner?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this bike up a few months ago for a pretty good price. The guy said it's a Spaceliner but after looking at many many pics of Spaceliners, I did not see any with a frame like mine. I've started doing my own thing with it (sticking on the Flightliner tank), but, I'm still curious about it being a Spaceliner or not. Thanks everyone!

2012-10-13_18-37-52_124 by BikeSnot, on Flickr

I have never seen a Spaceliner that didn't have the unique stem to drops upper and lower twin tubes.
You bike has the twin tops like a Flightliner, but is has the bullets tips similar to a Huffy Rail.
It also doesn't look like you have Murray drops, so another reason why it can't be a Spaceliner.

I think this is a case where the seller assumes any 1960s chrome bike is a Spaceliner, just like so many people think any old bike is a Schwinn.

Cool ride all the same.

Thanks a bunch for the info, you guys are the best. Since the pic was taken, I also put the rear rack from my Flightliner on and I have to say it looks pretty good. I still need to paint the tank and rack but just haven't had the time. I've also been thinking about using the bike as a parts donor so I can get my Flightliner back together, which is another reason for not painting the tank and rack. Decisions, decisions......

So since this appears to be a Silver Jet being tricked out with Flightliner goodies does that make it a Silver Liner.

kingfish254 said:
So since this appears to be a Silver Jet being tricked out with Flightliner goodies does that make it a Silver Liner.

Haha, I suppose it kind of does make it a Silver Liner. My girlfriend and I decided to take a nice cruise today on one of the many rail trails in our area. I love the way it rides and have decided against using it as a parts donor. I'm going to try and track down a chain guard for it and finish the bike over the winter or maybe in the spring. Here is a pic I took of the bike today.......

2012-11-21_13-58-36_462 by BikeSnot, on Flickr

All of you have been a huge help in identifying my bike. :D

That baby will trick out nicely!!

That was my bike a few months ago! I know because it has the rocket fender ornament, mismatched pedals, clear glitter grips and a bent up fender brace. Where are you located? I'm in eastern PA so I'd assume you're around the same area. I sold it without the tank to a guy (who I knew was planning to resell it) for $60. Funny how it ended up on here, pretty neat:)

Euphman06 said:
That was my bike a few months ago! I know because it has the rocket fender ornament, mismatched pedals, clear glitter grips and a bent up fender brace. Where are you located? I'm in eastern PA so I'd assume you're around the same area. I sold it without the tank to a guy (who I knew was planning to resell it) for $60. Funny how it ended up on here, pretty neat:)

I agree, it is pretty neat. :) I'm in Eastern PA as well, around Allentown! I bought it from a guy at Merchants Square Antique mall. He wanted $100 for it and I got him down to $80 because of the missing chain guard and the rims being a little out of whack. He had a couple of other nice bikes but I thought he was asking a bit too much for them.

Yeah, that's my bike alright. I forget his name but do remember he was from merchant square mall. Also sold him an old pull wagon and Ross muscle bike. Wonder if he sold that stuff too...lol. Enjoy it!

Very cool Circle of Life story. Hakuna Matata!

Back