space rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
169116_1255934416275_1767040742_451790_405134_o.jpg

i'm calling this my space rat, rides great and looks cool............. :D

yeah, did some trading with a buddy, put electra townie wheels and tires, 3 speed nexus, it's a sweet ride, wish i had a tank ;p ha! but it's cool, i bought another spaceliner with a tank, and will keep that oringinal

004-1.jpg

it's behind the Basman............ i know , show off :) :D :D

chukndatruk said:
yeah, did some trading with a buddy, put electra townie wheels and tires, 3 speed nexus, it's a sweet ride, wish i had a tank ;p ha! but it's cool, i bought another spaceliner with a tank, and will keep that oringinal

004-1.jpg

it's behind the Basman............ i know , show off :) :D :D

8) lucky.....

The owner of my LBS is selling a lot of old stuff right now, trying to generate some cash flow. Some old Schwinns in the $300-$400 range, JC Higgins and whatnot as well for less. There is a red and silver Spaceliner there for $150 (I think he did want $300). It's got fenders, the rack, and the tank but no lense and I'm sure the headlight assembly is dead anyway. With tubes, tires, a chain and some cleanup it could be a cool patina bike with some character. I don't know anything about these bikes but does that sound like a fair price?

$150 is a good price if its complete, many of us have spent more than that gathering parts for ours.

and that one doesn't look all that ratty to me... its clean!! :mrgreen:

the pic makes it look good, i bought bike from Ebay, and UPS use the box as a kick toy, needless to say the forks were bent, back of frame was bent, i tried to straighten it out the best i could..my buddy, who put the bike together for me does great work....the fork has scratches, and before that, the bike had a yellowish film on it, i had cleaned it up to where it looks now...so to me it has a ratty look...and i like to call it my space rat...i might be weird, but i name my bikes.............. :)

Dang $150, if only I hadn't spent my money on my 2 Spaceliners which I paid around the same amount of money for them as much as he is now asking for that one.

I like the name too, I was goinging to call mine the Gateliner as in the Stargate from the movie & shows.

Back