Southern California addition

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First off, this site is awesome! So many killer builds, bikes, ideas, talented folks and to see the camaraderie between the people who post is pretty cool! Definately want to get a build on!

About me: Grew up in a beach community, and the schwinn cruiser was a must have, aside from a skateboard. I was pretty much ignorant and not really interested in other types of bikes, shame, I know! After highschool (early 90's) bikes were no longer a real concern with me going to college and trying to sneak in a surf trip here and snowboard trip there, before I migrated into real fulltime job life. Got married and started a family.

Beginning of this summer, a buddy of mine gave me a prewar frame (model c, I believe) and a double drop center rim that looked like it came off the ocean floor. That bike and this site got me into bikes again and since I don't have the time or resources for a resto job on this bike, I am going to try and rat it out.

Thanks for the awesome site,
Jon
Socal Last Southern California - Last city on the coast before the Mexican border

So true, I have to keep telling myself to focus on what I am working on now and worry about the next build when I get to it!

welcome bro so cal here too hope to see so sweet builds....

Welcome to the Board Socal Last.!!! Also Southern Cali Resident.. I think we need a head count of the one's that live in this end of the neighorhood and meet up some day. Just food for thought. 8)

Thanks for the Heads Up.. I was trying to see if we can have a group here in the San Diego area.. For those that want to meet every now and then...

Hey guys thanks for the welcome, and the heads up on the Long Beach info. I appreciate that. That would be cool to get a couple rides set up, big or small. I am currently trying to get a build up and running. For the sake of posterity here's the frame and rim that lead me to this site:

31d050fc.jpg

7973c84b.jpg

Frame needed a little "help when I got it, but as you see its primed for the rattle can, hopefully get it rolling sooner than later.

Back