Sorry, i skipped the intro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edh

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is ed, I thought I would post a few piccies of my bike and see what category it falls into, I have a banana seat and lay back post coming and if needs be I will get a sissy bar bent up (I can't currently get quite far enough back on the seat)
the bike is a hybrid of a 700c fixed wheel and a children's 16" wheel.
It seems I need to figure out how to attach images I will revisit the instruction and be back

Thank you, I was half tempted to leave the original paint and call it "tiger in the jungle". But it was too clown like.
I need to find an ornament for the top of the forks (I really want a clown or scary baby doll head) and a valve cap for the front wheel.
I am going to replace the back light with one the same as the front but I will need to colour the lens red, I was thinking of just colouring it in with a marker pen.

I've actually used Barbie heads with "custom" hair cuts as valve caps. Just remove head and glue valve caps in the neck hole.
I know it sounds disturbing,but it fit the bike.

Yes when I get back from work on Wednesday I will be checking out the secondhand shops. I had thought about drilling out something and fitting a valve cap inside. Cheers.

I will have to see what I can see, my daughter might not like it if I decapitate one of her monster high dolls.

The back wheel is OK that has a dice on it. I suppose I could keep that theme and find some role playing dice with more or less than 6 sides. They can look pretty cool because of all the facets and because they come in a large range of coloured acrylics Inc translucent and sparkly. Maybe a D4 (4 sided dice, basically a pyramid)

Karratha for work and perth for home.
There aren't many choppers in karratha that I have seen so my bike gets a few looks :)

I think there is a bit of a fix it scene and lots of road and mountain bikes.
I used to ride to work pretty regularly on my dawes galaxy but that hasn't seen service for an age, now I ride my new chopper round camp and karratha and get the odd rec ride in with my daughter on my week off, that's where the indi comes in.
WA is pretty car-centric which is odd seeing as how relatively flat it is, I would have thought there may be a bit of a bike scene in freo and possibly Scarborough.
I live in the hills which is good riding, or would be if I was fitter but not on a chopper or single speed really.

Karratha for work and perth for home.
Fifo!

WA is pretty car-centric which is odd seeing as how relatively flat it is, I would have thought there may be a bit of a bike scene in freo and possibly Scarborough.

And the most awesome network of protected bike lanes this side of Amsterdam.

There is (or was?) a bit of a lowrider/cruiser scene in Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fifo!

And the most awesome network of protected bike lanes this side of Amsterdam.

There is (or was?) a bit of a lowrider/cruiser scene in Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I do FIFO, I have put a bit of thought into how to get the bike home at the end of the contract it was just going to be a bit of a fun camp bike but I am getting quite attached to it.

I found a cheap fake barbie which will become my other valve cap, I still haven't decided on a figurehead yet, I will know when I find it.

I found a cheap fake barbie which will become my other valve cap, I still haven't decided on a figurehead yet, I will know when I find it.

Back