Son's first build!!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24296402-1f54-4b4f-a361-310c6dc52f47_zps6e847bb0.jpg

what you guys think this is my 12yr old son's first attempt at a build he used 2 old huffys and some fat tires... guess he does listen and pay attention!!

I see the chip off the old block, did a nice job!
congrats on being a good teacher dad.

Thanks guys he was pretty stoked about it.... He actually did the bike in the back ground too .. here it is .. It's an all aluminum Lajolla i think ... it was flat black but he sanded and polished the frame.. it took him 4 days but he did it lol..
monks_zpsc45fb86e.jpg

He asked me what "apes" were and said he knew they were bars and asked if they would look cool on this.. Should he go apes or not ?? any suggestions for the next generation?? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Oh ya, get him apes.
x2 Nice work on that. If you hadn't said something I never would have guessed it was a lajolla.

Nice work .............. get him something else to build, gotta keep them hands busy with good stuff or they will find bad stuff to keep them busy. I was the one who found the bad stuff way back when, now I keep my boys in the shop with me, always building or wrecking something. My oldest son flips bikes during the summer to support his "anything with wheels and pedals" habit.

fixed1313 said:
Nice work .............. get him something else to build, gotta keep them hands busy with good stuff or they will find bad stuff to keep them busy. I was the one who found the bad stuff way back when, now I keep my boys in the shop with me, always building or wrecking something. My oldest son flips bikes during the summer to support his "anything with wheels and pedals" habit.
i keep him way busy he helps me on mine alot .he likes doin all the stuff i hate like tearin down and detailing lol.. now just got to find him some apes for the lajolla.. gotta find some ratty one somewhere so he can bring 'em back and get some practice.. but old ratty one are hard to find around here..

Awesome builds!
Will he be able to reach the bars if you fit apes? It looks pretty tall at the headtube anyway?
If he can, I will always vote for apes... You could even teach him to weld and get him to build his own...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Awesome builds!
Will he be able to reach the bars if you fit apes? It looks pretty tall at the headtube anyway?
If he can, I will always vote for apes... You could even teach him to weld and get him to build his own...

Luke.
yeah he can
reach on a 15" rise.. he is 5'3 .. he rides comfy with a 15" rise.. i showed him apes and he wanted the 25's omg

Latest posts

Back