SOMEBODY is getting a bike this Christmas..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you may remember this pixie racer from a while back:

99prcntav2.png

That started out like this:

startingpointnf5.png

And now it looks like this:

xmas07zo5.png

All dressed up and ready to head for a new home. Who's home? I don't exactly know. I'll be dropping it off with friends who will in turn take to their church, who will then see that it goes to whoever who really needs it.

So somebody's getting a bike this year :D

It's only one bike given away by one person - nothing extraordinary there, but if a bunch of us each did one give-away bike, there'd be a whole lot of happy kids next Tuesday morning.

-Mp

Little bike.......BIG HEART!

Yeah it's a good feeling. I once did a project where a local Police Officer convinced the City to drop off a years worth of found bikes at my house to give away. Out of the 70 I managed to repair about 55 of them. We made a bunch of happy people during that summer. Even my wife didn't mind putting up with a garage and basement full of bikes for a while. Funny thing is, I would always find a bike left on my garage door every once and a while after that, the word had gotten around. When it was time to move, I had like 12 kid's bikes left. So I put them all on the front lawn with a big sign "free bikes". I made a lot of happy kids that day. I still manage to give away a few every year, but I don't get my hands on too many of them around here. Bikes are a hot commodity in the core city and you don't find much in the trash. The smile on a kid's face is worth a million bucks. :D

Back