Some stuff we rescued from the crusher.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My partner and I have a bad habit of saying next bikes we get, we're gonna take pics before we clean 'em up but we usually don't..lol So without further ado...

A folding Fuji F/F
DSC01382Medium.jpg

A Polish made Tyler 20"
DSC01364Medium.jpg

A Schwinn Mini Scrambler
DSC01334Medium.jpg

A Schwinn Stingray Jr Came with the rims (off for cleaning)
DSC01330Medium.jpg

An absolutely beautiful Schwinn Predator Wire
DSC01304Medium.jpg

We have more for you later

The Predator and the Scrambler came from a Thrift but the rest came from different junkyards around Cincinnati and N. Ky. A lot of the yards won't let you buy from them, guess they are afraid of you getting hurt and suing them. I started out looking for bikes to cut up to build recumbent bikes with but I started seeing classic BMX like I used to ride and I was hooked. But now I rescue them repair them and, sell them.

Awesome, some of my best bikes I have found at the scrapyards here in Kokomo. We have 3 yards but one won't sell anything unless you catch it before it goes in and you buy it from the junker, one will only sell in the 15 minutes after closing (insurance reasons) and the other will sell any time. I've found lots of nice bikes there several Schwinns, JC Higgins, Redline, Haro, Hoffman, Fuji, Dyno, Murry, Huffy, A few only needed air in the tires and a good cleaning. And normally score bikes for the price you'd pay for one tube. Can't go wrong buying $5 bikes. Even parting it out you make your money on the first part the rest is profit. If I could bring myself to sell any of them... :mrgreen: I'm a bike hoarder like that. 8)

I believe the Fujis were a giveaway from Marlboro, lol you gotta smoke enough cigs to be dead so we can give you a bike that you won't be able to ride because your lungs are a shriveled up. Really kind of screwed up if you ask me. You pop off the wheels, loosen the quick release on the stem, turn it side ways pull out the seat to fold the frame. And it fits in a box the size of a 700 series wheel but thicker.

Hey i have one of those fuji folders im getting rid of because its like a toy for me.

Back