Some good finds from the back of a scrap truck!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Flagged down a guy driving past the shop and snagged some good ones.Schwinn phantom serial reads 53' but someone has gotten to switching out some parts.Also I have never seen this screen on a phantom chainguard.
S7300606.jpg

S7300607.jpg

Second, a 62' Schwinn Typhoon,decent shape plus I love these frames.

S7300608.jpg

Also got a early 50's ladies rollfast,just havent gotten a pic yet(batteries died)
Just wanted to post up,been a while since i got anything good for next to nothin'

Oh also Picked this up from a guy at an estate sale,cost me a little more than buying from the scrapers but still pretty dern cheap.
S7300611.jpg

S7300612.jpg

S7300613.jpg

-Kreep-

NICE! I was drooling when I saw the phantom, but that Murray is just too much. It is way too cool exactly as it is. I have never seen one decked out with the race theme going on. :mrgreen: (green with envy)

Yea paid 20 bucks and a case of High Life(just so happened I had an extra case in the shop fridge... :wink: ) for the two Schwinn's.The Murray I had to buy when I saw it,original paint,Murray mudflaps,skiptooth,checkered flags-it was mine!It even had a vintage 1951 Hollywood steering wheel spinner knob on the handle bars that I promptly took off due to the fact it was worth more than what I paid for the bike!
-Kreep-

Kreep said:
Yea paid 20 bucks and a case of High Life(just so happened I had an extra case in the shop fridge... :wink: ) for the two Schwinn's.The Murray I had to buy when I saw it,original paint,Murray mudflaps,skiptooth,checkered flags-it was mine!It even had a vintage 1951 Hollywood steering wheel spinner knob on the handle bars that I promptly took off due to the fact it was worth more than what I paid for the bike!
-Kreep-

Wow, no kidding!

PS, are those flags embossed in the tank? Now that you mentioned them, I looked again and they look a bit like it.

The flags are secured by two posts on the back with nuts.They are only on one side due to the fact the screws to hold the tank on are on the other side.The horn for the tank isn't pictured buy I do have it,Took it out to replace the batteries,forgot to put it back in...Oh also have the original Goodyear tires that came on it,took em' off so I wouldn't wear em' out.
-Kreep-

i hate you. :lol: killer scores man! that phantom actually looks og. and the murray is really neat!

That Phantom looks to be a 58 or 59 (judging by parts) the sreen, springer and chainring are correct for that time frame. Good score on the Typhoon as well!

:shock: That Murray is just.... :shock: too cool,congrats on that one :shock:

Hey guys,back in the shop today,got some pics of the last one that came off the truck,50's Ladies Rollfast,Rough but I have a diabolical plan for this one.I wish the darn seat wasn't a ladies though...It's in real good shape.
S7300614.jpg

S7300615.jpg

-Kreep-

First I was :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: AND THEN YOU BUSTED OUT THE MURRAY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yea,I got a real good haul!Still haven't detailed the Murray!
Slick Rick said:
That Phantom looks to be a 58 or 59 (judging by parts) the sreen, springer and chainring are correct for that time frame. Good score on the Typhoon as well!
Yea,I ran the serial number again, turns out to be a 59' .
Will be posting more photos once I get a chance to start tinkering.
-kreep-

Back