Sold!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was riding my sportster to the 'Hot Rod Riot' and missed a turn. I took a side street to turn around and found this locked to a pole with another girls english bike with a for sale sign. I find more bikes on my motorcycle that its spooky! I ain't complaining though.
west1.jpg

west11.jpg

west2.jpg

west4.jpg

west3.jpg

west5.jpg

west6.jpg

west9.jpg

west10.jpg

Saw the price tag,
west7.jpg

SOLD!

lol, first Markm and now you... I think we should all take wrong turns!!! :mrgreen: But seriously, that is a really Cool bike; I like it a lot.

Yes it does. 8) Heh heh heh. The guy was selling it for his friend. When I went back to pick it up in my truck the seller had already rolled a 50's or 60's men's Raleigh out. (I actually paid his neighbor, who I talked to when I first found it on my Harley, so I had yet to meet the seller.) He put that Raleigh aside for me til next week and told me I need to talk to his friend because he has a whole barn full of bikes. So I spent the day at a cool rat rod and chopper show (my wife and kid were out of town) that I rode to on my chopper, scored a cool bike and made a seriously potential connection. As I drove home in my truck with the bike, a six pack of beer, a pizza and a motorcycle sunburn I couldn't help but think of that Tom Petty song 'It's good to be King'. :wink:

Check out the Murdercycles web site for pics of the show. Iron Horse /Ol skool Rodz was there.

We went back today after the family bike ride and the guy showed me what he's got. So next week I'm going back for a blue Schwinn Speedster and a very cool blue Varsity with bow pedals and unusual graphics that he set aside for me. He has a couple other interesting bikes but nothing as old as that Westfield. Oh, and here's the chainguard that came with it.
P1010472.jpg

Hey EJ,

I was suppose to go to that show but got sick the night before. Instead i went to the Farmingtn Valley car show here in Simsbury and low and behold the One Arm Bandit was there and pinstriped my RRBBO3 bike. I wanted to go to the Murdercycles show to get it pinstriped and was bummed that I wasn't up to it. We gotta hook up for a ride. August 23 down at the Carousel in Bushnell park, 5 PM we are going for a Pub crawl and then on the 24, Sunday the NEMusclebike Museum in Blooomfield has there Annual Swap Meet. 6 AM until 3 PM. Bikes and Motorcycles are welcome. Let's hook up.

Joe

yeshoney said:
Hey EJ,

I was suppose to go to that show but got sick the night before. Instead i went to the Farmingtn Valley car show here in Simsbury and low and behold the One Arm Bandit was there and pinstriped my RRBBO3 bike. I wanted to go to the Murdercycles show to get it pinstriped and was bummed that I wasn't up to it. We gotta hook up for a ride. August 23 down at the Carousel in Bushnell park, 5 PM we are going for a Pub crawl and then on the 24, Sunday the NEMusclebike Museum in Blooomfield has there Annual Swap Meet. 6 AM until 3 PM. Bikes and Motorcycles are welcome. Let's hook up.

Joe
That sounds good. I was planning on going to Bloomfield anyway (I'll be bringing my truck though) and the ride sounds good too. That One Arm Bandit guy was there and he sure is talented. Your bike looks great. There were a few bicycles rolling at the show, a real carnival atmosphere. There was a heavily tattooed girl there selling strange and somewhat offensive t shirts and posters and she set up a spinning wheel. For a dollar you could spin the wheel and win either a t-shirt, cd, poster, a kick in the A** and a couple other things I dont remember. I landed on the 'It sucks to be you' space. I already knew that! We'll get in touch before that weekend.

Back