So Cal Rat Rod Ride rats out ciclavia 10/7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks!

I just checked out the Oct 7 Ciclavia route. They have changed it from what it was on the last three. See link:

http://www.ciclavia.org/next-event

I had been thinking of starting at the Mariachi Plaza hub like before, but the Chinatown hub is right where we went for Tour de Fat- easier to get to, and much better parking. Too, the ride no longer goes to East Hollywood (Melrose & Vermont). The MacArthur park hub isn't far enough to make a decent cruise out of it, and that (as you'll see) leaves the final destination at Expo Park, down near USC. Or we could get all ambitious and do both MacArthur, and Expo park hubs.

The event begins at 10:00am, and runs until 4:00 in the afternoon.

I'd make the call for starting at Chinatown. What do y'all think?

John M

Well, just to keep it as confusing as we can... :roll:
I just traded a few notes with Mike Krieger from Westside Cruiser Club. For those of us on the east end of town, we'll meet up at 9:00am at Nick's Cafe across from Los Angeles State Historic Park, just like we did for Tour de Fat. We can begin the ride at the Chinatown hub.
Mike will be starting at the Exposition Park hub at the other end of the route. We'll meet up at 7th and Figueroa, and head for MacArthur Park, where I'm sure we'll find entertainment food & drink etc.
Look forward to seeing everyone.

John M

Any route would be fine with me, most of downtown will be motor less so it should be a great ride, getting there and parking will be the challenge.

Phil

There is lots of free parking at Los Angeles State Historic Park, right near the Chinatown hub. I parked near Mariachi Plaza for the last three, and there's decent parking on the street behind the plaza as well. Mary and I will be meeting some friends at Nick's cafe right there at the LA state historic park. Come on out and join us!

John M

We will Be there, Food, Beverage, all day Entertainment what's not to like, just gotta decide which bikes to bring,,,maybe an Electra, wait! they're all Electras.

WOOO HOO! Tomorrow we own the streets. This will be a blast.

DSCF0043.JPG

Meet up 9:00 am at Nick's Cafe Los Angeles State Historic Park. Event starts at 10:00 am.

John M

Back