SNOW is coming. Prepare for your final days!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SNOW (the deadliest substance known to man) :roll: is approaching Kansas City, wait, it's here, on top of all the other snow we have had on the ground since xmas eve. According to the news, who I trust beyond anything, certain death is close behind. The snow will bury us all alive, then it will use tiny knives to stab us. I have heard anywhere form 1 to 8 inches is expected (do meteorologists call themselves scientists?)

Be sure to:

1. Drive like black ice is under you everywhere, brake erratically, this helps maintain control on slick surfaces.
2. Cancel prior engagments. Frozen water is deadly.
3. Sensationalize the ammount every time you converse about it. "We are getting one to two...no...three to eight....no a FOOT or more of snow"
4. If you own a Mustang or Camaro, by all means, try to drive, it's not impossible, just a really, really, really big challenge.
5. Make sure to modify traffic laws as you see fit. Run stops. Direct traffic from your driver's seat.
6. BY ALL MEANS, talk about the blatantly obvious fact that it is not only snowing, but cold. It will shock and enlighten everyone you interact with.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The media loves to blow everything out of proportion. That said Idaho has alot of California transplants that should heed those warnings.

Me, I love driving and biking in the snow.

I know exactly how you feel Skoda. People have the "white death" mentality here also. :roll:

bmxerpete said:
I have a Camaro, and I love challenges. What is this snow you speak of, and where can I buy some?

:mrgreen:

okay pete......... you owe me a laptop...... i just shot rootbeer out of my nose and all over my keyboard......... :lol:

Where is al gore (manbearpig) with his great global warming the sky is falling schpiel?

Global cooling is on the way. Once we reach the tipping point, the glaciers will return like they have in the past. It will be a sudden event. The snow will start in Greenland, then move into Canada, then on down into the upper US. It won't stop snowing until it is deep...10, 20, maybe 50 feet deep! Once it gets deep enough it will turn to solid ice from the compression. It was snow that killed off the Pleistocene megafauna (mammoths, sabre tooth tigers, camels, and etc.) 15,000 yrs. ago, not an asteroid impact. The only way to survive...move to Costa Rica immediately!! :mrgreen: Gary

Gary, the mammoths are dead? I swear I heard the weatherman say they were blocking I-70 and we should all just give-up and switch to a Mad Max meets Ice Age lifestyle. Then a siding commercial came on. Ironic. :wink:

BTW. Where do these siding guys get all of this advertising money???

Seriously though. It hasn't been a "real" winter in Kansas City for at least 5-6 years, so people are FLIPPING out, it's ridiculous.

maddogrider said:
GET YOUR BREAD AND MILK NOW. We should get anywere from 1inch to 10 feet at 3 in the morning :shock:

Pfffftt – 10 feet of snow is nothing. Around here, especially at this time of year, you always look both ways before crossing the street – getting hit by a glacier is no fun.

-Mp

-Was watching the weather yesterday, they showed the computer model, a wide swath of it missing us, and the weatherman said "I don't think it's going to miss us." Got up this morning, saw a few flakes on the deck... My lady called it "Ninja snow"!! :lol: -Adam

Oh come one, Snow is fine! Just really cold rain lol :lol:
You just have to know how to deal with it.

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

I fired up my Ford RatRod and plowed out the driveway. We got maybe 5 inches plus drifting. Not too bad. The Ford is a 1948 8N, made in the first year of production. (serial #2253) It's bomb proof. I love it. 8) Gary
8n1-1.jpg

8n4.jpg

Back