Snooty Rat Rodders??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well im not biased or anything at all :mrgreen: *cough* VOLKSWAGENS AND CHEVYS!!!!! *COUGH* *cough* sorry just had to get that outa my system :mrgreen:

though all i have to say is when i ride my bikes if i think its cool i really dont care if anybody doesnt like it because its mine, they can do something else for all i care.

Good post man.

And no matter what scene you're in, you find this :?

But hey, to each their own. Build what makes you happy, and just enjoy it.

I agree with the poster completely. It may be human nature for those that grew up their whole life's looking down at other people, but for some of us looking down is a foreign concept. I grew up as a poor kid in a rich area and under stand where the poster is coming from. To me calling it human nature is an excuse people who do this use to feel ok with acting pretentious.

I havent really seen snooty on this site. the guys with the talent to custom build frames or cut up and modify existing ones seem to be the first ones to compliment the cool rattle can paint jobs. Here is the place for those of us who build what we want to ride and not worry about what brand of spandex is on our bottom sides on our carbon fiber and titanium seat. One of my favorite rides around town is a 40 something year old free spirit copy of an english 3 speed and i know if i leave it outside the store when i go in for a soda it will be there when i come out. It comes down to the person's attitude. I have a friend who is heavily into the downhill racing scene and he builds his bikes like we build ours, starts with a frame and builds what he wants. He has just as much respect for a 50 lb cruiser that ive built as I have for his 15 lb downhill bikes. I do feel kind of snooty in a way tho when i see people call their bikes rat rods when they are just out of the store with flat black paint and red rims with the flame and skull stickers, that is not a rat rod, its a brand new bike with no creativity or the work that we put into what we ride

Yeah, flat black and red rims is just a start, To a certain extent I feel ashamed of my Bootlegger bike because I could have done so much more on it but I wanted a simple design and a rat rod look on a budget, but It's gone now and it's time to build the next one and it will be EPIC!

A lot of other forums are like what people explain here. I was in a toyota forum for my tacoma and camry and there was always trash talking and the threads would continue for days before it got put to a hault and locked away.

I really think this forum is pretty clean and Im not trying to kiss you know what, but I think its all because of the type of leadership that we have here.

Steve has always said keep it clean and for the most part everyone knows what he means by it.

rydr1 said:
A lot of other forums are like what people explain here. I was in a toyota forum for my tacoma and camry and there was always trash talking and the threads would continue for days before it got put to a hault and locked away.

I really think this forum is pretty clean and Im not trying to kiss you know what, but I think its all because of the type of leadership that we have here.

Steve has always said keep it clean and for the most part everyone knows what he means by it.

This is the cleanest forum I've ever been on...period. I co owned and ran a Mustang/Ford forum here in Dayton that had a decent following and after 2 years of nothing but drama shut it down. Made some great friends and had some great outtings but couldn't stand the " mines better, faster, yours is crap, I'm gonna whip your butt stuff" any longer. Winters months were the worst.....lots of internet racers out there :mrgreen:

What forum was it? I've been on a few Mustang/ Ford forums but haven't logged in for a couple years.

Oh I know it, I've been on a few car forums and I actually got called out for lying about owning a 1988 VW Rabbit. If I was going to lie I'd drive something better than a 20 year old car that was DIRT CHEAP to begin with. I'd have a blown Hemi Cuda or a Lambo.

bighit said:
Talk about snooty check this out,
http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/02/16/e-b ... more-27879
I had to smash him.

I think he's trying to be funny but doing a pretty poor job.. It's like a bad imitation of bikesnob nyc..

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/..

Well there is some snootyness here sometimes, generally towards the "spandex clad roadies" or the "Fixie Purist" wich i don't get, anyone riding a bike is good in my book..

I enjoy a bit of vareity so i ride both road and trails and i use track bike to haul my but from point A to B.. But i don't consider myself a roadie or a mountainbiker or a comuter or a fixie rider, i'm not a big fan of letting the things i do peg me or define who i am or my attitude towards others..

outskirtscustoms said:
I have no problem with ANYONE that rides a bike, only those that ride with a holier than thou attitude.
DING!!

Back