snagged a 1936 schwinn model C

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found this bike freshly pulled from the rafters of an old estate. it has a "our own hardware" badge and is completely original.its missing only its pedals and grips. ill be going to pick it up in a few days.so ill have more detailed pics very soon

5G95Kf5H63Le3J53N7c3v8151fc94e56d12c6.jpg

5L75M55J63Gc3Le3F6c3v7db1708bede31e9b.jpg

KGrHqRg4E8rVqQ7lBPcyfVeJw60_57.jpg

KGrHqFqEE9d9LigOPBPcyVV21R60_57.jpg

KGrHqRlQE9HsfKBUBPczLDS4ng60_57.jpg

its a basic guess but the things that are certain is the double diamond paint scheme on a model c is showing it at either 36 or 37.because of the straight down tube was only used during those two years i believe as well.i may be wrong though on that. the hockey stick guard has very early clamps as well. as you said though.. the fire took alot of solidified info so if you or anyone else has some smarts on this exact frame and combination. i would really appreciate your help.thanks for the comment.

Definitely a '36 or '37. Pull the crank, hopefully it's dated. Thats a Mead rack on there and I could sure use it for my Mead (ironically its also a C model). Congrats on a cool find!

schwinner said:
either 36 or 37.because of the straight down tube was only used during those two years

That C model frame was used through '39. The BC 97 and BC 117 were two of the '39 models with that frame. The '39 BC 97 still had the double diamond paint job. Gary

B607 said:
schwinner said:
either 36 or 37.because of the straight down tube was only used during those two years

That C model frame was used through '39. The BC 97 and BC 117 were two of the '39 models with that frame. The '39 BC 97 still had the double diamond paint job. Gary
cool info..thanks,its much appreciated

the deal fell through and this will be available on ebay.so if you like it keep an eye out for it. im not sure when or what the details will be with it.

Thats a shame. It sounded like you had everything agreed upon and now it seems the other party is going to go and chase for some more money. And honestly I think what you had agreed to pay for the bike was spot on. It needs a lot of work, its missing the tank, has the wrong rack, seats needs to be recovered or replaced, etc. Not to mention the C-Models never seem to bring the big money anyway as they were a bit lower on the Schwinn totem pole.

Back