smokin deal on a skiptooth bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i was pokin around on craigslist and looked thru some bikes and i see a small cell phone pic of 3 bikes and it said $25 for all of them...one was a road bike and a retro beach cruiser and the other looked like a older bike but i couldnt tell what it was it was off to the side in the pic...anyway i text him and he says one is gone only 2 left and i said ill give ya $20 for the other 2 he says ok and i pull up to his house and sitting in the back of the building is this

im not sure exactly what i have but i only have $10 bucks in it and $10 in a mens retro beach cruiser

aired the tires up on the skip tooth and wd40 all moving joint and it rides like a caddilac even has a orig hub polisher on it :D

and orig mint coke bottle hand gripps :mrgreen:

skiptooth1.jpg

skiptooth2.jpg

skiptooth7.jpg

skiptooth6.jpg

skiptooth4.jpg

yeah with some tlc and some rubbing i think itll be nice....im gonna put new tubes front and rear the front has a slow leak and ill likely leave it the way it is just lubed and clean-up job

im hopin the handle bars and sprocket will clean up nicely

It's definitely a Murray built. It appears to be possibly all original other than the seat. Maybe there is some original paint under there.

46-56 JCH, it'll likely have 'MOD 502" on the BB as well as a 5 digit # in the 45-47000 range. That's the Seras catalog # (with one extra digit on the end), sometimes it can be matched up to a specific year. -Adam

Back