skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-o sis (name pending)

aka_locojoe said:
Just curious what the building is in the background that you live by?

i live in a city of 400 000 on a dead end with only 3 houses on one side. the dead end turns into a huge parking lot/entrance for the factory across the street. the entire city block (on the opposite side of the street is consumed by this factory and its parking lots.)

you can see alot of it in this short clip of my boardtrackers maiden voyage.

on the far end of the block, the've turned the factory into an indoor volley ball courts (in summer they open all the loading docks and have a patio outside.)

when i moved in 3 years ago, my end of the factory was krokus bakeries (made/delivered bread)
the first dec. i was here, the place closed up. signs on the door said don't even dream about removing anything, the bank owns it all.

90% of the building is abandoned, even with 10 indoor beach volleyball courts on the far end.

nascar said:
Cool ride in the vid.

that was the very first time i took her out for a test drive. (was nowhere close to finished)
this one's after its finished.(mucho cooler, got my leather ww2 helmet on. :)

so i'm staying clear of the bike this weekend. if it can go wrong, it has gone wrong over the last couple days. i don't want the same happening with the bike.

quick run down of the injuries/issues i've been dealing with.
started the day off right. my neighbour was trying to get his lawn mower started. (old gas clogging the carb)
i removed the carb. etc cleaned it out and put it back together. we started it up twice and it ran for 10 sec each time. as i pushed the airfilter back on, the lawnmower started rolling down the driveway. braced it with my other hand.
i play bass, and grind a lot of steel. my fingers are pretty calast. it wasn't until i heard the flesh bubbling that a realized i had the muffler in my hand and it got hot as heck.

3 fingers seriously burnt (to the point of bleeding) :)
so with 3 burnt fingers, i started removing mount everest. (3 concrete steps.)
took 6 straight hours to remove with a 60lbs electric jack hammer. broke 2" off the tip of the spiked attachment and broke the chisel clean in 1/2.
thats was the toughest piece of concrete i've ever had the displeaser of removing.
needless to say,the seven blisters on my hands where rubbed raw to the point of bleeding and well beyond.
followed this up with getting stug in the face just above the eye 3 times (removing a nest from my new deck area.)
and to top it all off, my buddy broke the cooling line on my central air. :(
(missed the old deck and hit the air conditioner with a 5lbs sledge.)

i think i'm just gonna sleep the next couple days and hope the bad luck passes over like the crazy rain storms that kept the brakes on the deck building.

double post :oops:

that's some pretty bad luck there. but as my gran used to say, "bad things happen in threes" and it sounds like it all happened in the same day. when you do get back to that great loking build I'm sure things will go really well.

just don't go playing that bass for a while.

cheers jonnie

druggedonions said:
that's some pretty bad luck there. but as my gran used to say, "bad things happen in threes" and it sounds like it all happened in the same day. when you do get back to that great loking build I'm sure things will go really well.

just don't go playing that bass for a while.

cheers jonnie

ya know, my gran used to say the same thing.

but if ya do the math. burn's, blisters,stings, and air conditioner.
i'm into my second set. :)

maybe i'll just finish somebody elses project today. :)
(i have a lot of em, on the go.)

icyuod2 said:
maybe i'll just finish somebody elses project today. :)
(i have a lot of em, on the go.)

You don't live near anyone else taking part in the build off, do you? :shock:

sorry to hear about the misfortune man, and i hope those blisters and burns clear up, i know what its like to play those rough strings and smash conrete. oh and good thinkin workin on other bikes, maybe it can give you enough itch to blast thru the rest of the build.

icyuod2 said:
nascar said:
Cool ride in the vid.

that was the very first time i took her out for a test drive. (was nowhere close to finished)
this one's after its finished.(mucho cooler, got my leather ww2 helmet on. :)

i think i'm just gonna sleep the next couple days and hope the bad luck passes over like the crazy rain storms that kept the brakes on the deck building.

That is an awesome WW2 helmet.

What a hellacious day you had? Wish you well on your road to recovery.

Hopefully we can see some progress soon. Good luck

nascar said:
That is an awesome WW2 helmet.

What a hellacious day you had? Wish you well on your road to recovery.

Hopefully we can see some progress soon. Good luck

got it on kijiji, delivered to my door for next to nothing. i actually gave it to the museum that purchased my boardtracker.
IMG_0883.jpg

so the deck is almost finished (just waiting for a friend to come and move my antique air conditioner.)
IMG_3542.jpg

hands are healing nicely,
IMG_3537.jpg

must be time to work on the steering. :)
i'm just hoping the metal super store has brass tubing in the size i require.

Man you work fast. It wasn't but 4 days ago you were still tearing down the "Concrete Monster" and now you have a deck that looks almost done.

Ive gotta find me one of those WW2 leather helmets.

Can't wait to see what kinda cool tricks you come up with for the steering.

sorry guys, got carried away building round steps, water features and built in storage. :)

i'll snap a couple pic's in the morning when the rain stops. the deck looks great.(girlfriends happy)

so i had to order my brass tubing for my steering bushing. it should be here this morning and i can get back to building. :)

i'm dashing out the door to my 8-ball league,but i didn't want to leave you hanging another day.

finally started the steering. now this is all just roughed in, but it should get my idea across.

hit the metal superstore first thing this morning. they didn't have my brass tubing, so as a temp to get started i picked up a piece of alum. (same inner/outter dia. as the brass on order)
this will be my steering bushing (greased of course)

so the basic idea. alum/brass sleeve in the seat post,steel tube inside the alum/brass.

IMG_3549.jpg

cut a notch in the bottom of the seat post right through the alum. matching hole drilled/threaded into the steel tube.
IMG_3551.jpg

for picture purposes i used a bolt, but this will be replaced with an L shape bolt/hanger. (the angled part running paralel to the seat tube.
IMG_3552.jpg

this will give me a little more room for the tie rod end to move free. i'll drill a hole in it, use a cotter pin to keep the tie rod end in place.
thats it, my seat tube steering in a nut shell. seems to work well even with the short bolt.

Re: skull-o sis (steering concept revealed)

hasn't made a sound, but i haven't riden it yet.

Back