Skip tooth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I randomly bought an old skip tooth sprocket and crank off ebay the other day. Just got it here today. I thought about using it on my new project, but I'm not really sure I can. I had no idea how large those sprockets were! It's half again as big as a normal cruiser sprocket. I'm guessing you can get some major speed with one of these things. As you can see I know nothing about old bike parts. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow. And if I can't use it I'll post that too. Maybe someone here would be able to.

the 26 tooth ones are the equivalent of a 52 tooth 1/2" pitch......if its going to be geared to tall for you the ones off a girls bike are a small gearing(im not positive about how many teeth they have though since i dont have any girls)....

Remember its about final drive ratio... Not just the front sprocket. If you have a 9" Front and a 5" rear thats the same gear ratio as a 4.5" front and a 2.5" rear... Granted its easier to get a big front sprocket rolling because of increased torque but it still comes down to final drive.

I got this skip tooth chain ring from someone here on the forum. It is from a child's bike. It's really small in diameter (don't remember tooth count). I like it a lot and would like to find another one.

3340854693_411d65ae5c_o.jpg

dang. beat me to it. i just had the thought of building a skiptoothed BMX bike. :lol:

Back