skip tooth Rollfast. What to do? What year?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the board here. Very cool site! Here's my first cruiser (not counting BMX cruisers) find. Not sure what to do with it though. Any idea on the year? Is this something that should be left alone due to what it is (not that I know)? Or would it be no big deal if it were stripped and repainted? I like the looks of the board track racers people have here, both "new" looking and the rat rods.
cruiser001.jpg

cruiser002.jpg

Nice bike! I'ds say early 50s. Clean it up and ride it and you will make it a fun bike to ride as time goes. I'd pull the fender off and keep them until you decide what you want to do to it. This bike is a lot heavier than your BMXs. Clean, grease and ride.

What you have there is what we like to call "the perfect patina." :mrgreen:

There's something about the bikes that are weathered and aged just the right amount....not too crusty and not too well preserved.

They seem to make the coolest looking hot rod cruisers.

As always, do what you want to with the bike, but if it were mine, I'd leave that awesome paint as is. :wink:

Keep it as is :D Just clean it up a bit :wink: Like Rat Rod says its the perfect patina :mrgreen:

Back